Discover Shanghais thriving art community on this 2-hour tour of 50 Moganshan Road, or M50 -- the premier art district of the city. While you won't see any Monets or Picassos, you'll admire avant-garde works like Zhou Tiehai's satirical treatment of modern art and Liu Dao's interactive art installations focusing on effects of technology. As you tour the complex of renovated galleries and studios with your knowledgeable guide, gain an insight into the growing underground art culture. Art experts and novices alike will love this celebration of Shanghai's contemporary art movement.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourWhile visiting Shanghai, join this tour of 50 Moganshan Road, or M50, and witness incredible works of art by Shanghais talented contemporary artists. Once simply a site of rundown and abandoned warehouses, this area next to Suzhou Creek has today drawn nearly 100 artists, whove set up residences, galleries and studios exhibiting their work.
With your enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide, tour the large complex -- a maze of workshops and galleries housed in a series of buildings -- and admire a variety of artwork including graffiti, photography, paintings, sculptures, furniture and more.
Visit several established art galleries like Eastlink, housing several of the citys most controversial exhibitions, and BizArt, a non-profit foundation promoting the work of young artists. As you explore the complex, admire the way the shabby warehouses provide an interesting backdrop to the modern art pieces in a sort of chic, old-meets-new atmosphere.
Best of all, your guide will also introduce you to a few of the communitys artists to discuss the major styles and trends of contemporary Chinese art.
Inclusions for Small-Group Contemporary Art Walking Tour In Shanghai
- Private walking tour
- Entrance fee to M50
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Contemporary Art Walking Tour In Shanghai
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.