Small-Group Copenhagen City Walking Tour
OverviewExperience the best of Copenhagen and its most famous sights on this 3-hour walking tour. Be enchanted by the Danish capital as you admire the Little Mermaid, stroll the oh-so-pretty Nyhavn waterfront, and view Christiansborg Palace, Amalienborg Palace and landmarks such as Rosenborg Castle and Torvehallerne food market. Discover the city’s tangled history as you walk, and listen spellbound as your guide waxes lyrical about their favorite sights and districts. With numbers limited to 10 people, this small-group tour ensures the full attention of your guide.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in City Hall Square in central Copenhagen and set off on your walking tour of Denmarks charming capital. As you walk, youll stop at all the must-sees and gain informative insights into the sights and places that most inspire your guide.
Admire City Hall Square (Rdhuspladsen) as your guide reveals interesting facts about Copenhagens history, see the statue of H. C. Andersen and pass the Tivoli Gardens, the citys 19th-century amusement park thats home to one of the worlds oldest wooden rollercoasters.
Walk through Amagertorv, the citys medieval square, and see the Christiansborg Palace and Borsen, the Old Stock Exchange, before visiting cafe-lined Nyhavn, whose colorful wooden houses line what was once the citys commercial quay. As you stroll, hear how Hans Christian Andersen lived at three of the houses: numbers 20, 67 and 18.
Continue to Amalienborg, the courtyard framed by the winter palaces of the Danish royals, and then take snaps of the Little Mermaid (Den Lille Havfrue), the statue inspired by Andersens famous fairytale.
Absorb the views of the sea and Kastellet fortress and stroll on to Nyboder, a street of pretty 17th-century cottages. Then, cross the Rosenborg Castle Gardens (Kongens Have) to see Rosenborg Castle, the summer retreat of Christian IV.
Pause at the Round Tower, Europes oldest working observatory, and lastly, visit the Torvehallerne, the modern food market thats become Copenhagens culinary hotspot.
End your tour at the market, and make your way back to your hotel or continue your exploring with directions from your guide.
Inclusions for Small-Group Copenhagen City Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Copenhagen City Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable footwear recommended
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
The specific sights visited can vary, as every tour is personal and unique depending on the tour guide and the traffic and weather conditions on the day
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.