OverviewTreat your taste buds to some of the finest Dalmatian produce on this 3-hour food and wine tasting tour in Split. Traverse the Riva and the cobbled streets of Split Old Town, passing through the UNESCO-listed Diocletians Palace, and sample local delights like olive oil, traditional bread and wine as you learn about the regions culinary history from the food-loving guide. Recharge with lunch at a tavern before topping off your tour with a frothy cappuccino and slice of cake. Numbers limited to 12 people, ensuring a small-group experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
On the morning of your tour, head to the Riva — the waterfront promenade that runs the length of Split Old Town — to meet your guide and small group. Then, set off on foot to uncover hundreds of years of culinary heritage along with a sprinkling of history.
Gaze out across the harbor as you wander along the Riva with your guide, and learn about local city life before turning off onto the timeworn streets of the Old Town. Marvel at the colossal Diocletian’s Palace and other age-old monuments in the heart of historical Split.
Along the way, stop at local stores, taverns and eateries to sample local produce. Taste different types of olive oil, considered among the best olive oil in the world. Pair the samples with balsamic vinegar, traditional Dalmatian bread and flor de sal (flower of salt), and let the strong flavors and silky texture roll over your tongue as you pick up tips on how to identify premium blends.
At a local wine bar, learn about Croatia’s winemaking heritage over a glass of zinfandel, a grape varietal native to the Dalmatian region. Then continue to a local tavern, where you’ll tuck into a hearty plate of typical Dalmatian delights like smoked ham, cheese, octopus salad, olives and anchovies, accompanied by a glass of wine.
End your tour with a visit to a local cafe, where you’ll snack on a local cake teamed with a frothy cappuccino. As you eat, chat with your fellow foodies and learn about Croatian coffee culture from the guide.
After roughly three hours, your tour concludes back at the original start point.
Inclusions for Small-Group Dalmatian Food And Wine Tasting Tour In Split
- Local guide
- Food and wine samples
Exclusions for Small-Group Dalmatian Food And Wine Tasting Tour In Split
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.