Small-Group Dalmatian Food And Wine Tasting Tour In Split
OverviewMediterranean cuisine is some of the healthiest food you can eat and also some of the most delicious, which, lets be fair, is what we really care about! On this Croatia tour, dig into a traditional Dalmatian meal, sample local wines and olive oils, and learn all the culinary secrets of Split.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
A little bit of history and a whole lot of food, this Split culinary tour will show you hundreds of years of heritage while feeding you until youre full! (We take no responsibility if you, ahem, Split your pants.)
Youll head to the heart of the picturesque city, spying the UNESCO heritage site of Emperor Diocletians palace and walking the citys promenade as you learn how locals live (and eat!) in the city of Split.
Well dive into our Split food tour with a visit to the symbolic Queen of Dalmatia: olive oil! True Croatian royalty, Dalmatian olive oils intense green colour and strong flavour are completely unforgettable, and its considered to be some of the best olive oil in the world! You will try a few different types of olive oil and well teach you how to choose the best one. Youll also get to pair your oil with flower of salt,acceto balsamico, and traditional Dalmatian bread. Delicious!
The other indulgence that Dalmatia is known for is wine specifically, Zinfandel. Did you know Dalmatia is the original birthplace of the Zinfandel grape? Which means of course you have to sip this bit of heritage! Well head to a wine bar where you can enjoy a glass while learning about the history of Croatian wine.
Then, we hope youre hungry, because its time for more food! Were heading to a localtavernafor you to taste a typical Dalmatian plate maybe some smoked ham (prsut), cheese, octopus salad, olives, or Adriatic anchovies. And, of course, an obligatory part of any Dalmatian's meal is a glass of wine!
Well finish it all off with something very important to Dalmatians: coffee! Locals typically like theirs good and strong, and drink several small cups throughout the day. Were going to opt for one of the smoother versions: cappuccino with light foam, paired up with one more classic Split treat for dessert: cake with dried fruit. A totally sweet ending!
Inclusions for Small-Group Dalmatian Food And Wine Tasting Tour In Split
- Local English-speaking guide
Food and wine samples
Exclusions for Small-Group Dalmatian Food And Wine Tasting Tour In Split
- Additional food or drinks
Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
Tips or gratuities for the guide
Transportation to and from the meeting point
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to join this tour
For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8-Day Independent Dalmatian Coast Tour from Split: Hvar, Korcula and Dubrovnik
- Hvar Island and Blue Cave Tour from Split
- Hvar and Pakleni Islands Private Boat Tour from Split and Trogir
- Small-Group Blue Cave and Hvar Day Trip from Split by Speedboat
- Private Tour to Dubrovnik from Split
- Kayaking in the Adriatic Sea with Snorkeling from Split