Small Group Day Tour To Yongding Hongkeng Tulou Cluster From Xiamen Without Shopping Stops
OverviewA pure full day tour without any compulsory shopping stops. Discover the unparalleled beauty of Fujian Tulou (Hakka Earthen Buildings) on this full-day trip from Xiamen. With your knowledgeable and professional tour guide, you will go to Yongding County to see the largest and well-preserved Hongkeng Tulou Clusters, learn more about the unique earthen buildings and walk into the houses to have a chat with local Hakka people to know more about their lifestyle and Hakka culture. Join this group day tour to experience invaluable World Cultural Heritage Site.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
In the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel at approximately 8am. Your group guide will contact you in advance to confirm exact pickup time. After around 3-hours drive, you will reach the well-preserved Yongding Hongkeng Tulou Cluster where you will be amazed by surprising and unparalleled grandeur of the buildings in front of you. Yongding is a pure Hakka county with largest number of Tulou buildings in Fujian province, and Hongkeng Earthen Building Site is the most concentrated and best preserved one among all Tulou Clusters in the area.
Migrated from the central plain area of China, the cradle of Chinese civilization, Hakka people highly value family unity. So the large round-shaped Tulou houses were built for all family members to live together. Boasting unique fortress shape, the buildings were designed to be well ventilated but also proof to wind, earthquakes, flame, and moisture. Another trait about the Earthen Buildings is that they naturally stay warm in winter and cool in summer. Located in the mountainous area, these Earthen Buildings enjoy world fame as architectural miracles. Discover the hidden gems from your professional and knowledgeable tour guide by visiting the representative grand Zhencheng Lou, palace style Kuiju Lou, mini style Rusheng Lou, and elegant Fuyu Lou...etc.
Zhencheng Lou was built based on the shape of Chinese Bagua (Octagon, Eight Trigrams) and connected by arches among different layers inside, and between which fire proof walls were constructed for safety. This Earthen Building together with Yonghe Lamasery and Great Wall shocked the world on World Architectural Model Expo in 1986. And Kuiju Lou, meaning Gathering of Elites, got its name due to large number of scholars and government officials it hosted during its 100 years history. Fuyu Lou was built and owned by three brothers who made a fortune conducting international businesses. And the earthen building was thus constructed with a special appearance like three mountains which in Chinese enjoy a similar pronunciation as the number 3. During your visit, please feel free to talk to the local Hakka people with the help of your guide and know more about their culture.
After your whole day fun discovery, conclude your Tulou tour by sitting back and enjoying the comfortable 3 hours ride back to your hotel in Xiamen.
Inclusions for Small Group Day Tour To Yongding Hongkeng Tulou Cluster From Xiamen Without Shopping Stops
- Entrance fees specified in the itinerary
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Ground transportation with professional drivers
- Professional English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup & drop off
Exclusions for Small Group Day Tour To Yongding Hongkeng Tulou Cluster From Xiamen Without Shopping Stops
- Chinese visa
- Flights or trains to/from Xiamen
- Personal expense
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities for guide & driver (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Note: The prices shown are not valid during China's Official Holidays (such as National Day - 01 to 07, Oct. Chinese Spring Festival - 15 Feb to 21 Feb, 2018, etc.).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.