This tour will take you to two of the most important locations around Paris: the home of the Â«Â Prince of the ImpressionistsÂ Â» andÂ the palace of the Â«Â Sun KingÂ Â»;Â Giverny and Versailles represent the Zenith of FranceâÂÂs greatest artistic movements.
Renowned for their beautiful gardens and stunning buildings, you will get to see MonetâÂÂs iconic Japanese bridge and lilly ponds, Louis XIVâÂÂs breathtaking Hall of Mirrors. Lunch at the well known âÂÂMoulin de FourgesâÂÂ is included.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Small-group tour
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
You will be driven from Paris to Giverny, in the comfort of an air-conditioned minibus, where you will start your day with the visit of Claude Monet’s property. Located at the edge of Normandy, about 50 miles north of Paris, Claude Monet’s Home is one of the most popular tour destination around Paris.
There you will discover the famous gardens created by the most famous of the Impressionist painters often referred to as the father of Impressionism, though not the first to have painted in « a style that would become known as Impressionism ». You will enjoy the sight of the well-known Japanese bridge in the midst of its flowered paths and wather-lily ponds, and the house, with its pink crushed brick façade, where the leader of the Impressionist School spent 43 years from 1883 until his death in 1926.
After a morning spent in one of this most inspirational settings, you will head off to the banks of the Epte River where you will have lunch at the lovely “Moulin de Fourges” restaurant, a 200-year-old mill. The architecture of this listed site, dating back to the 18th century, draws its inspiration from hamlet of Marie-Antoinette at Versailles.
In the afternoon, you will be driven to Versailles Palace, residence of the Sun King, Louis XIV, to enjoy a guided visit of Louis XIV’s suite, the Hall of Mirrors and more… After your guided tour inside the castle you will also have some remaining time to discover the famous “A la Française” gardens.
During this period access to the gardens will be included to see the fountains and groves spring to life to the rhythm of the music:
On Saturdays and Sundays from April to October
+ some additional dates (May 8,10, 22, 29, June 5, 12, 19, 26 and August 15)
The Musical Gardens takes place on Tuesdays and Fridays from April to October
During this period access to the gardens will be included to enjoy in the rhythm of the music
Inclusions for Small-Group Day Trip To Giverny And Versailles From Paris
- Entrance fees to Monet's house and gardens
- Entrance fees to Palace of Versailles and gardens (reserved timed entry, priority access)
- Entrance fees to the gardens when the Musical Gardens and Fountains are running
- Guided Tour in English inside the Palace of Versailles
- Lunch with Drinks
- Small-group tour (Groups of 18 or fewer)
Exclusions for Small-Group Day Trip To Giverny And Versailles From Paris
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
Clients must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, & there will be no refund if tour is missed.
Though the access to the castle is a priority access with a time reserved, you may still have to wait on arrival, especially during peak season, period during which there is a lot of visitors.
A maximum of 9 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.