Small-Group Day Trip To Iron Gate Gorge From BelgradeWrite a Review
Your small-group (of up to 8 people) will spend 8-hours seeing the beautiful countryside of East Serbia and the Iron Gate gorge. Lead by a knowledgeable guide, your tour includes a stop at the archeological site Lepenski Vir and lunch of local delicacy's. Round-trip transportation will let you relax and take in the natural beauty, historical sites andÂ great local experience simultaneously.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at 9 am at the corner of Studentski Trg and Vase Carapica Street the center of Belgrade.
Set off for a 2-hour drive to the East bank of Danube River to the town of Golubac which is at the very beginning to the Iron Gate gorge. At one time, the medieval fortress Golubac guarded the entrance to the gorge as it was an important strategic point from its foundation (presumably, the XIII century) till the WWI. Many legends and real stories are connected with the fortress and you’ll be able to hear them in the visitor’s center newly opened here.
Continue down Danube road to the archeological site Lepenski Vir which is the oldest organized human settlement in Europe, it dates back to 7,000 BC and was inhabited until 4,500 BC. Explore the visitor’s center as it offers several attractions: museum exhibition, a short movie of the excavation, and holographic and 3D displays.
Next you will have the opportunity to enjoy some natural beauty as you venture to the most fascinating part of Iron Gate, Mali and Veliki Kazan. Here you will see an unusual sculpture of a Dacian king carved in the stone on the Romanian side of Danube.
Before heading back to Belgrade, you will stop for lunch at Captain Misa’s Hill. Delight your taste buds on local food while you take in the breathtaking views over the gorge. You will be dropped off at your original meeting point in Belgrage at 5pm.
Inclusions for Small-Group Day Trip To Iron Gate Gorge From Belgrade
- Pick up and drop-off at central location in Belgrade
- Entrance fee forto Lepenski vir archaeological site
- Driver/guide service
- Lunch (drinks included)
- Refreshments during journey
Exclusions for Small-Group Day Trip To Iron Gate Gorge From Belgrade
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 7 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.