Small-Group Day Trip To North Bulgaria - Bucharest
OverviewChoose Bulgaria for a visit of Ivanovo Churches (UNESCO heritage since 1979), to discover Veliko Tarnovo (the City of Tsars) and to explore the Village of Arbanassi.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourThis tour starts at 08:00am from Bucharest. After one hour driving you will leave Romania and enter Bulgaria crossing the "friendship" bridge over the Danube. Danube river is the second largest river in Europe.
The first stop is at Ivanovo to visit Ivanovo Churches (listed by UNESCO since 1979) located in the valley of the Rusenski Lom river. The site is famous for the rock-hewn churches and their impressive XIII-XIVth century frescoes.
Then you will go to Veliko Tarnovo, one of the most interesting cities in Bulgaria built on the banks of Yantra river. Veliko Tarnovo is also known as the City of Bulgaria's Tsars. The city boasts an impressive fortress with the ruins of the former Tsarevets Palace and the patriarchal church, nowadays with modern and intriguing paintings. The medieval atmosphere is present everywhere in the city due to the old architecture and the narrow streets where you can see local craftsmen displaying their work.
The guide will recommend a fine local restaurant for a tasty Bulgarian lunch. Bulgarian wines are also known for their full favour.
The Village of Arbanassi is the last stop around 10 minutes from Veliko Tarnovo. Arbanassi is a quiet picturesque village preserving the medieval atmosphere through the old local architecture.
At the end of the day you will reach Bucharest after a two and a half drive through the beautiful landscapes of Bulgaria and Romania.
Inclusions for Small-Group Day Trip To North Bulgaria
- Entrance fees
- Small-group tour (maximum 16 tourists)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- English speaking professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Exclusions for Small-Group Day Trip To North Bulgaria
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you have booked the pick-up/drop-off option, please contact the supplier at least 24 hours in advance to get the pick-up time. Failure to do so will result in the supplier not being able to pick you up for the tour.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
By taking this tour, please remember that you are leaving Romania and entering Bulgaria. Please ensure that your Visa requirements are in order and it is essential that you carry your passport (or ID card for citizens of EU states)
Please note that Ivanovo churches are closed during the winter season between 1 December and 31 March. During this period, you will be able to visit the Roman ruins from Nicopolis Ad Istrum or the Basarbovski Rock Monastery.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.