Small-Group Dracula Tour From Bucharest
OverviewThe legend of Count Dracula is one of the best known stories around the world. Everybody believes that Vlad the Impaler was Dracula and Bran castle was his castle, but none of these assumptions are correct. This tour will take you to visit the ruins of Poenari Citadel - the real fortress of Vlad the Impaler. This is a small-group full day trip from Bucharest to Targoviste, Poienari Citadel and Curtea de Arges.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourThe tour starts in the morning at 8am. On the way to Targoviste you will hear information about the history of Romania and other interesting topics.
The first stop of the day will be in Targoviste, the former capital of the province of Wallachia. This is where a series of important Wallachian princes reigned for centuries. One of them was Vlad the Impaler, also known as Dracula. Even today you can see the Sunset Tower built for the first time during his reign.
Youll then continue to the amazing monastery of Curtea de Arges, another medieval capital of Wallachia. In this town youll get to see one of the most beautiful monastic places from Romania, a real jewel of Romanian architecture and learn about the legend of the workers who built the church.
After lunch (own expense) youll climb 1480 steps to reach the real fortress built by Dracula. The trek is about 1km long and takes about 20-30 minutes. It is here, in this amazing place with a superb view over the mountains and valleys, that youll hear the story of this famous and infamous character from Romanian history.
Before going back to Bucharest youll have the opportunity to admire the Vidraru Lake, built in the 60s right next to the famous Transfagarasan Road which crosses the highest mountains in the country.
Inclusions for Small-Group Dracula Tour From Bucharest
- Entrance fees
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Small-Group Dracula Tour From Bucharest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Poienari Fortress is currently closed due to the presence of the bears in the area.
A moderate amount of walking is involved and those who cannot climb the steps to reach Poenari Fortress, can wait for the group at the base of the hill
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Tour in Transylvania with Hunyadi or Corvin Castle and Targu Jiu from Bucharest
- Full-Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo from Bucharest
- Private One Day Tour of Medieval Romania from Bucharest
- Small-Group Day Trip to North Bulgaria
- 2-Day Small-Group Tour to Dracula's Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Peles Castle, Sighisoara and Viscri Village with Overnight in Brasov
- 7-Day Private Tour of Romania and Serbia from Bucharest