Small-Group Early-Access Statue Of Liberty Tour And Ellis Island - New York City
OverviewEnjoy a guided tour of the Statue of Liberty, including special access to the statue pedestal. Take an early ferry to Liberty Island without waiting in lines that often stretch for hours, and arrive before the crowds! Visit Ellis Island and follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, taking their first step on the land of freedom. Get more from your experience with an expert guide at the Ellis Island Immigration Museum youll walk the Stairs of Separation, visit the Kissing Post and hear tales at the American Immigrant Wall of Honor to put a human context on your visit.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour tour starts at Battery Park, where you'll get a little context for your upcoming visits by exploring the memorials around the park, which rarely get the attention they deserve by visitors rushing to catch the ferry. Spend some time at the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariners Memorial, the Sphere, and New York Korean War Veterans Memorial.
Then its off to Liberty Island with priority boarding to get the best seats on the ferry; because you're leaving early (often on the first ferry, depending on the time of year), youll arrive at the Statue of Liberty before the crowds. Once there, enjoy stunning views of the city and take a guided tour that leads you right up to the pedestal, getting you closer to Lady Liberty than the standard visit.
Here, your guide tells you a little about the citys greatest icon. Gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects, including Gustav Eiffel (whose Parisian tower you may be familiar with), Lady Liberty wasnt as warmly received as you might think. Hear all about the struggle that got her on her feet and eventually became dear to the people of New York.
Then return to the ferry for the cruise over to Ellis Island, where youll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants. From your guide, learn about the lengthy immigration process they went through, walking the Stairs of Separation to understand the islands two very different names, The Island of Hope and The Island of Tears.' Explore the museums impressive collection of interactive displays, and ask your guide any questions you have before your tour ends here; you can stay a little longer if youd like, or head back to the ferry with your guide to return to Manhattan.
With small groups of 20 people or fewer and early morning ferries to the islands, your tour is typically quiet and relaxed, removing the hassles of the average visit. And with an expert guide on hand, youre certain to learn a thing or two, getting more from your experience than you would by visiting these sites on your own.
Inclusions for Small-Group Early-Access Statue Of Liberty Tour And Ellis Island
- Local English- speaking guide
- Pedestal ticket for Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to Statue of Liberty
Exclusions for Small-Group Early-Access Statue Of Liberty Tour And Ellis Island
- Statue of Liberty crown access
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Locker storage for large bags
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour runs in English only
Please note: This tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Service, which manages the Statue of Liberty
Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue of Liberty lobby to the top of the pedestal
All guests will need to pass through airport-style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted and such items will be confiscated and not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Libertys guidelines on specific prohibited items at nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/yoursafety
Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker for a fee of $2 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.