Small-group Easy Biking Tour Around Rural Luang PrabangWrite a Review
OverviewThis 9-hour biking tour offers you a chance to escape from the bustle of cities to cycling through rural areas of Luang Prabang. During this tour, you will be taken to beautiful temples and villages, through forest and mountain landscape. The tour is designed on a route of 95% paved road with a few steep hills and suits most levels of biking experience. Join this tour to feel the peace and beauty of nature in Luang Prabang accompanied by an English-speaking guide. Lunch is included.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your hotel before 8 am, you will be welcomed at the bike shop by a local tour guide. You will be given a well-qualified mountain bike as your main transportation for the tour. You may spend up to 2 hours at each location, with free time being maximized per your request.
You will start the tour at 8am by cycling from the city center to Wat Pa PhonPhao temple. You will not only visit and enjoy the fantastic beauty of this golden temple but also have view over Luang Prabang city.
Then, you continue riding bike along a paved road through the teak-wood forests and rice paddy fields. After enjoying the beautiful landscape there with fresh atmosphere, you cycle along the Nam Khan River to visit the resting place of Henry Mouhot, an Anglophile French naturalist who is widely known as the “discoverer” of Angkor Wat.
After visiting the tomb, you continue biking through villages and past jungle-covered mountains until you reach the pier located on the banks of the Nam Khan River. Here, you will embark on a boat to cruise up the river to Tad Sae waterfall where you’ll have lunch in a beautiful landscape. After lunch, you can swim in the jungle. In addition, you can see and take photos of elephants there. In the low water season (February - July), Tad Sae waterfall is dry. You will then take a boat ride and walk into the jungle to see baby elephants instead of the waterfall. However, it still depends on the location and availability of the elephants. During the high water season (August - January), dirty roads can make the journey more challenging.
You then get back on the boat to head back to the camping site. You cycle back to Luang Prabang city following a route with beautiful scenery. The tour ends around 5pm with drop-off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Small-group Easy Biking Tour Around Rural Luang Prabang
- English-speaking guide
- Pickup and drop off at hotels in Luang Prabang city central
- Quality mountain bikes
- Drinking water
- Waterfall entrance fees
- All permissions and taxes
- Boat transfers
Exclusions for Small-group Easy Biking Tour Around Rural Luang Prabang
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Single traveler must purchase 2 tickets
Personal food/drink is allowed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.