Small Group Food Tour In Granada
OverviewOn our 3,5 hour Taste of Granada Tour, food lovers have the opportunity to discover the traditional products, dishes and hidden treasures of Granada.Savour local style ham cured in the mountains of Granada province, sip artisan wine from the region, visit market stalls and meet local merchants. Try the local fruit and nuts in one of the oldest grocery shops in Spain. Taste traditional Granada food in a charming family-owned restaurant and explore locally made specialties and tapas as you eat your way through the old town!
Know More about this tour
On our GRANADA WALKING FOOD TOURdiscover some of the local cheeses, wines and typical recipes. Try one of the local desserts, the Pionono. Known to have been created for the visit of the 9thPope Pius in 1854. It seems that the origins of this recipe seem to actually date back to the 10thcentury, at the time of Al-Andalus. Coinciding with the beginnings of the Alhambra palace in the city, this period was a time of change in society and for the cuisine too. Arab sweets are typically made with honey and cinnamon. The culinary history of Granada is dense and varied with Sephardic, Berber, Nasrid and even roman influences.
Learn about how Ham Is cured in the Alpujarra mountain villages south of Granada. These remote villages were established in 15thcentury by Berber tribes leaving Granada. These locations are perfect due to their altitude. Fresh Sierra Nevada air dries out ham with low humidity, creating an artisan product made in Granada.
Ivan our expert in ham slicing will guide us through three different hams. Tasting two from Granada and another one for another region of Andalusia, learn the different between the quality ofJamon Serrano and Iberico.
At Granada Passion we taste lots of different products from small producers of artisan food. Local cheeses, chocolate made in the alpujarra with locally sourced goods. A carefully created wine and liqueur selection, even hot sauces from the Sierra Nevada itself. This store is located in an historic palatial home from 1700 in the centre of the city. With a curated collection of items produced in locally Jorge shares the best selection with us on this route.
See the oldest commercial streets in Granada and imagine how the market was in medieval Granada. In fact on our tour we visit one of the oldest shop fittings in the whole of Spain. While finding out about the secrets of a healthy Mediterranean diet, trying dried fruits and nuts Rafael shows us his quaint little store in business since 1850.
No route in Granada would be complete without enjoying a tapa or two. The winner of the Tapas Competition in Granada was made 100% from Granada produce. We try this delicious dish by Award winning chef Nicolas Marquez, born in the same town as local Poet Federico Garcia Lorca. Nicolas works in a contemporary style using 0 mile ingredients.
One of the most classic places in Granada to sample local recipes is Chikito. This restaurant began as a Caf where local artists, writers and poets would meet in the early 1900s. Later taken over by a Granada F.C professional football player called Chikito, this place could not be more typical of Granada.
Inclusions for Small Group Food Tour In Granada
- 7 family-run business, tapas bars, restaurants and foodie hot spots
- Best tapa in the Granada Tapas Festival, 2017
- Become a Granada insider
- Sample dried fruits and nuts inone of the oldest shop fittings in Spain
- Granadas traditional cuisine and Poets corners at Restaurante Chikito
- Small group (10 person max)
- Passionate English speaking guide
- Food, Wine, History & Fun
Exclusions for Small Group Food Tour In Granada
- The listed price does not include a $X parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
IMPORTANT: Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Granada Day Trip from Seville
- Skip the Line: Alhambra Palace Tour with Generalife Gardens
- Albayzin and Sacromonte Guided Walking Tour in Granada
- Granada Walking Tour of the Albaicin and Sacromonte Neighborhoods
- Segway Tour Granada (1hr 15min)
- Premium Segway Tour Granada (2hr)
- Premium Electric Bike Tour of Granada (2hr)
- Electric Bike Tour of Granada (1hr)