Small-group Food Tour With Tasting: Parmesan Cheese And Parma Ham
OverviewHop on a Tasty shuttle bus and discover the finest Parma products in one day! Visit Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Parma ham factories with tastings to learn their ancient story and savor exceptional quality. Keep discovering local delicacies and stop for a lunch at small trattoria and traditional balsamic vinegar factory with delicious guided tasting.
Know More about this tourDiscover the secrets of Parma's most traditional products on a mini shuttle bus with your Italian and English-speaking guide. Meet your English-speaking guide in Piazza Garibaldi (tourist information office on Parma's main square) and start your tour at 9:30 AM.
First, stop at the Parmigiano Reggiano PDO production factory. Discover how milk is processed and transformed into Parmigiano Reggiano PDO. Find out why this extraordinary cheese can be preserved for years and why its quality improves over time without any chemical additives. Learn how to distinguish between cheese of different ageing thanks to a guided tasting.
Continue to the Parma Ham PDO production factory. See the production phases of this renowned kind of cold cut. Start from the meat processing and lose yourself in a journey of flavors until the tasting of the final product. End your tour with a tasting of Parma ham and savor its sweetness and unique flavor and return to Piazza Garibaldi at 1:30 pm.
Optionally, keep discovering local delicacies and continue your journey with a light lunch in typical trattoria where you will try some of the most famous local dishes accompanied with a glass of wine. After lunch, enter an ancient acetaia and discover why every drop of balsamic vinegar is a true gem. Taste its exceptional quality, aroma and fragrance on a delicious guided tasting. Return to Piazza Garibaldi at approx. 4:30 PM.
Inclusions for Small-group Food Tour With Tasting: Parmesan Cheese And Parma Ham
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Small-group Food Tour With Tasting: Parmesan Cheese And Parma Ham
- Eventual purchase of products at the production factories
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.