OverviewSample a variety of Malaysian foods on a culinary walking tour of Kuala Lumpur! Eat lunch like a local as you explore hidden streets, alleyways and suburbs of this diverse city with a knowledgeable guide. On this epicurean adventure, youll discover a wide range of cultural influences on Malaysias dynamic cuisine enjoy the spicy aromas of Indian dishes, the complex tastes of Chinese cooking and the zesty flavors of Malay favorites. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group of like-minded food lovers.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free snacks included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the entrance to Bangsar Station, a stop along the city’s Light Rail Transit (LRT), to begin your small-group food tour of Kuala Lumpur. Then, follow your guide off the beaten track through hidden backstreets and narrow alleys to sample enough local food for a delicious lunch!
Stroll with your small group through the Indian-influenced neighborhood of Brickfields, where you’ll find architecture and music as loud and colorful as the food! At the hawker center, famous for its South Indian food stalls and restaurants, sample delicious Indian dishes, each plated on a banana leaf. Your guide will introduce you to an assortment of Indian breads along with chicken, fish or mutton curry.
As you walk around, your guide will order your food and help you interact with the locals, making sure you taste the best dishes, including a variety of delectable Indian sweets. Try sugary morsels like fresh banana fritter, gulabjamu (a sticky, sweet treat) or cendol – a local favorite made of shaved ice, plum sugar, kidney beans and coconut milk jelly.
Next, your guide will take your small group aboard the sky-high transit system to Kuala Lumpur’s bustling Chinatown. Weave through this vibrant neighborhood, known for its Chinese shops serving traditional dim sum. Dive into a bowl of tasty stir-fried noodles and sample a glass of refreshing limejuice while you take in the lively atmosphere around you.
Complete your culinary tour over coffee at an old-school coffee house, where you’ll see charming photos from Kuala Lumpur’s past on display. As you relax, your guide will further discuss Malaysian customs and food culture, as well as offer recommendations of where to eat for dinner.
Your tour ends in Chinatown at Petaling Street.
Inclusions for Small-Group Food Trail Walking Tour In Kuala Lumpur
- All food tastings, including drinks (non-alcoholic)
- English-speaking guide
- Round-trip transport between original meeting point and tour location
Exclusions for Small-Group Food Trail Walking Tour In Kuala Lumpur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 1 people and a maximum of 12 per tour
Please note that this food tour is a non-halal tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.