Small Group Full-Day: Instantaneous Istanbul
OverviewThis guided full-day tour will offer you the six best sights of Istanbul to soak in. Our expert local guide will help you tick the top of your ''to see list'' in one single day. A roam through the historical neighbourhood of Istanbul, Sultanahmet, packed with historical buildings and famed streets; one of the benchmarks of the Islamic world - the Blue Mosque; Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Istanbul Hippodrome and the Sunken Palace of Basilica Cistern. Wrap up this remarkable expedition experience at the buzzing Grand Bazaar completed with a delicious three-course lunch.
Know More about this tourYour itinerary will begin with the Blue Mosque, a brilliant sight of Istanbul. Marvel at the six unique minarets and the famous blue ceramic Iznik tiles surrounding the interior walls. Your expert guide will tell you all about the captivating story of this Ottoman-day structure.
Your next stop is only a short walk to one of the UNESCO sites Hagia Sophia which was once a church and is a historical mosque today. Another short stroll will bring you to the Topkapi Palace, the white house of Ottoman sultans where they resided, entertained and ruled ''almost'' the largest empire in history. Wander about through its byzantine halls and explore secret rooms where the most beautiful harems were the entertainers of these sultans. With half day is completed on your tour, you will have a break with a traditionally prepared lunch (see below for a sample menu).
Your tour will continue with a stop at the Hippodrome where a granite Egyptian obelisk is displayed which was a gift to Istanbul. Hippodrome was once the centre of all sports events and a social centre. Next, move on to the sunken palace of Istanbul, the Basilica Cistern, the largest of several hundred ancient cisterns beneath the city of Istanbul.
Your final stop is the Grand Bazaar, maybe the most iconic location of the bustling city of Istanbul. Roam through the over sixty alleys admiring the enticing crafts, scents and sights over the murmur of this one of a kind emporium. All kinds of leather, jewelry, ceramic stores, herb and spice stalls and unique outlets are for you to feast your eyes on. After that, say your goodbyes to your new friends and get dropped off either back at your hotel or at a centrally located convenient point for you.
Number of guests on this tour is limited to 14 passengers to provide you with a true boutique experience and not to compromise the highest quality experience for all.
Your full-day Istanbul tour will start with a pick-up from your European-side hotel or from a centrally located pick-up point. After a brief introduction for the itinerary ahead, you will be taken on your tour bus on your way to the first stop. Please keep in mind that the order of places to visit may be different from described above and small changes may occur on the itinerary depending on the day of your visit. For example; Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays and Grand Bazaar on Sundays. Should your tour fall on one of these days of the week, an alternative location i.e. Chora Museum or another market will be in replacement to visit.Similarly, Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and would be replaced with Istanbul Archaeology Museum.
* Sample Lunch Menu
Cheese or Sausage Stuffed Pastry
Turkish Veal Kebab
Dessert of the Day
Inclusions for Small Group Full-Day: Instantaneous Istanbul
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- 3-course lunch
Exclusions for Small Group Full-Day: Instantaneous Istanbul
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
During religious holidays (September 1-4, 2017) the spice market and Grand Bazaar are closed
Cover ups and head scarves are provided at the Blue Mosque
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Traditional Boat Trip and Fener-Balat Areas Walking Tour
- Istanbul LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Admission Ticket
- 3 Day Cappadocia Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul
- Private Arrival Transfer from Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Private Tour: Masukiye, Sapanca, Kartepe Tour from Istanbul
- Hagia Sophia Museum Admission Ticket
- Private Tour: Secret Beauties of Istanbul Tour
- Best Sabiha Airport to Hotel Transfer