OverviewTraveling north into Washington from your location in Portland, a professional naturalist guide will take you to Mount St Helens National Volcanic Monument in a luxury Mercedes van. Youll visit locations surrounding the blast zone from the 1980 explosion before arriving at Mount St. Helens. As you drive along Spirit Lake Highway, youll stop by Ape Cave, and may take a peaceful walk along the Hummocks Trail or pause to reflect alongside the blue waters of Coldwater Lake. After enjoying a picnic lunch, youll arrive at the Johnston Ridge Observatory to embark on an interpretive walk along the Eruption Trail. The trail offers sweeping views into the crater, and teems with purple lupine and other wildflowers in the mid-to-late summer.
- All-inclusive tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
- Embark on interpretative nature walks led by a naturalist guide
- Hear the geological science and captivating stories behind the 1980 eruption
- Gaze into the blast zone and crater from scenic viewpoints
- Witness a desolate but reemerging landscape and learn about the ecosystem’s rebirth
- Visit the renowned Johnston Ridge Observatory and Visitor Center
- Watch for resident elk herds, frogs, beavers, birds, and other wildlife
- Savor a fresh, family-style lunch (included in the price)
- Venture into Ape Cave, the largest continuous lava tube in the continental United States
Inclusions for Small-Group Full-Day Tour Of Mount St Helens Volcano From Portland
- Full-day tour of Mount St Helens National Volcanic Monument
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Downtown Portland hotels only)
- Full lunch, select snacks
- Transportation in a luxury Mercedes SUV or van
- Professional naturalist guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Full-Day Tour Of Mount St Helens Volcano From Portland
- Gratuities (optional)
- Airport hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.