Giverny and Rouen are close to Paris, so combining them both into one day trip is easy. This tour starts with the authentic Norman city of Rouen, where Claude Monet painted the Cathedral series. He paints at different times of the day. The painter will perform no less than thirty paintings taking the Cathedral as a model. Our walking tour through the streets of Rouen will bring centuries of history to life and give you the chance to discover: Cathedral, Saint-Maclou church, the Gros Horloge or ClockTower, the Renaissance Parliament of Normandy, St Joan of Arc church and the old market place. Enjoy a fascinating walk through the architectural styles of the last 800 years: from the half timbering of the Middle Ages to the Renaissance in the heart of the Seine Valley.
In the afternoon the guide will share the calm and almost other worldly beauty of Claude Monets Home and Gardens in Giverny. Learn about the famous Impressionist and enjoy to explore inside his colored home, stroll along the charming paths of his flower garden, and admire the water garden with the little green bridge and lake full of his famous water lilies. Youll enjoy Skip-the-line access and Pick up & Drop off to your accomadations in Paris.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- See two of the most iconic sites in Normandy: Rouen is unrivalled for its narrow historic streets, its varied architecture and its famous cathedral and Giverny for its beauty that inspired so many of Claude Monets paintings!
- Learn from a local professional guide : Passionate story tellers, all our guides are professional with a professional guide license.
- Pick up & Drop off: Included in your tour, you do not need to take a taxi or metro to reach a meeting point.
- A small group tour : A group with no more than 8 people and your guide.
- Skip-the-Line access: Thanks to our partnership with the Foundation Monet, you have direct access to the gardens.
- Monets Home: The yellow dining room, his first workshop and the kitchen are especially memorable.
- The Flower Garden: Every season, every month, flower beds change: tulips, hyacinths, iris, nasturtiums. At any time of the year, find the flower landscapes dear to the impressionist master.
- The Water Garden: Monet liked to spend time there and observe the variations of light and the reflections on the pond.
- The Japanese Bridge: See the famous little green bridge crossing his pond with your own eyes.
- Comfortable A/C Van: Enjoy your ride in a new, immaculately clean van with leather seats and large windows and a sunroof