On this small group day trip from Paris, discover two of the most iconic sites with a professional private guide.
For more comfort, your driver picks you up at your hotel in Paris. On board a minivan for the roughly 1-hour drive to Versailles, where you'll walk in the footsteps of the 'Sun King', King Louis XIV. On a tour of their extravagant apartments, try to imagine daily life for the royal family. Walk through the famous Hall of mirrors, the Grand Apartments, and the Queen's Apartments as your guide helps bring history to life. Enjoy some free time to wander through the expansive gardens behind the palace at Versailles.
Afterward, take a midday break for lunch, and then continue on to Giverny.
In the afternoon the guide will share the calm and almost other worldly beauty of Claude Monets Home and Gardens in Giverny. Learn about the famous Impressionist and enjoy to explore inside his colored home, stroll along the charming paths of his flower garden, and admire the water garden with the little green bridge and lake full of his famous water lilies. Youll enjoy Skip-the-line access and Pick up & Drop off to your accomodations in Paris.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- See two of the most iconic sites in the area of Paris: Versailles is an incredible Palace, full of history of excessiveness and beauty and Giverny for its beauty that inspired so many of Claude Monets paintings!
- Learn from a local professional guide : Passionate story tellers, all our guides are professional with a professional guide license.
- Pick up & Drop off: Included in your tour, you do not need to take a taxi or metro to reach a meeting point.
- A small group tour : A group with no more than 8 people and your guide.
- Skip-the-Line access: Thanks to our partnership with the Foundation Monet, you have direct access to the gardens.
- Monets Home: The yellow dining room, his first workshop and the kitchen are especially memorable.
- The Flower Garden: Every season, every month, flower beds change: tulips, hyacinths, iris, nasturtiums. At any time of the year, find the flower landscapes dear to the impressionist master.
- The Water Garden: Monet liked to spend time there and observe the variations of light and the reflections on the pond.
- The Japanese Bridge: See the famous little green bridge crossing his pond with your own eyes.
- Comfortable A/C Van: Enjoy your ride in a new, immaculately clean van with leather seats and large windows and a sunroof