OverviewExplore the surreal landscape of Iceland's Slheimajkull Glacier during this 4-hour experience. Join your guide at the glacier for ice hiking and climbing on top of this ancient ice formation, enjoying spectacular views of its constantly changing blend of colors and shapes.Take the journey through a frozen maze of towering ice formations, jagged ridges, and deep blue crevasseswhilst exploring all this magnificent glacier tongue has to offer.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourIn late morning you'll meet your certified glacier guide at the parking lot of the Solheimajokull Cafe, and begin your glacier hiking and ice climbing experience. From here your guide will take you on a short drive to the roots of the glacier where he will provide you with all the necessary glacier gear to be able to explore all that the glacier has to offer in a safe way.
The tour offers you the opportunity to hike on the magnificent glacier tongue that is Solheimajokull glacier as well as to try out your ice climbing skills on an ice wall. Solheimajokull Glacier is simply an unforgettable place with its unique ice formations, sinkholes and jagged ridges.
Be returned to the original departure point at tour's end.
Inclusions for Small-Group Glacier Hiking And Ice Climbing On Sólheimajokull Glacier
- Small group guarantee
- Guided glacier hike on Solheimajokull glacier
- Certified glacier guide
- All necessary glacier gear
Exclusions for Small-Group Glacier Hiking And Ice Climbing On Sólheimajokull Glacier
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hiking shoes (can be rented for a small fee)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
This tour is a small group adventure, limited to 8 participants per guide, ensuring a more personalized experience.
Minimum age is 14 years
The tour is about 4 hours with approx. 3 hours on ice.
Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head-wear, gloves and good hiking shoes.
Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented from the local operator for a small fee, please contact the local operator prior to traveling if you wish to rent some gear.
This tour is available all year round
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.