Small-Group Gold Discovery Horse Riding In Cardrona Valley - WanakaWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy a beautiful crisp morning horse trek in the Cardrona valley, Wanaka. All horse riding experience levels are catered for and the group sizes are small. A scenic trail takes you under the willow trees and through the river then up into the hills for some stunning views down the valley and across to the surrounding mountains. Learn about the 1860s gold rush and a working farm among other interesting facts from the informative guide.
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThe tour will begin at 9:30am at the Cardrona Distillery, approximately 20 minutes from Wanaka and 45 minutes from Queenstown.
Upon arrival, you will fill out some quick paper work and get fitted for helmets to ensure safety at all times. After this, meet your mount and watch a horse riding demonstration. This will ensure confidence and safety for the entire duration of the tour.
Once you have seen what to do, mount your horse. Your guide will be there to provide assistance and advice at all times. There will also be a mounting block available.
Once you have mounted your horse, you will participate in a quick one-on-one lesson to practice ‘steering and brakes’. This one-on-one interaction will give you the opportunity to advance your skills and ask questions
After this, the real fun begins. Ride out with your guide leading the way. Enjoy riding through farm trails, river crossings, and hill climbs. Along the way, you can choose to trot or canter if you wish. The scenery surrounding you will take your breath away. There will be many great photo opportunities.
At approximately 11:30am, you will return to base and be assisted in dismounting your horse. Take a prepared bucket of food to thank your horse.
Watch your photos on the big screen and have the opportunity to purchase them.
Inclusions for Small-Group Gold Discovery Horse Riding In Cardrona Valley
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Small-Group Gold Discovery Horse Riding In Cardrona Valley
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.