Small-Group Golden Circle And Kerid Volcanic Crater Day Trip From Reykjavik
OverviewThe Golden Circle is the most visited and popular day trip in Iceland. It includes some of the most spectacular attractions in Iceland, including Thingvellir, Geysir, Gullfoss and the Kerid Volcanic Crater. Kerid crater is 270m wide and more than 55m deep, there is also a 14m deep lake at the bottom of the crater which makes the whole scene look really magical. This is an 8-hour small-group making it a more intimate experience.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Your day starts by driving from Reykjavik to the historic site ofThingvellir National Park. This was the venue for the Icelandic parliament from 930 till 1798 and is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage SIte, both for its rich history and amazing nature. This is also where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet which creates an amazing feeling having one foot in each world.
After enjoying the experience of Thingvellir, you will travel onwards to the world famous site of the hot springGeysir. Known throughout the world for its power and beauty, Geysir has become a synonym for this amazing show of nature. Strokkur,another hot spring, sits nearby and is very active, erupting to heights up to 30 meters every few minutes. In the Geysir area you will also have time to buy lunch or some snacks.
Next on the agenda is the waterfallGullfoss- the golden waterfall. One of the most popular tourist attractions is Iceland, Gullfoss will amaze you with its raw power and beauty, plummeting down 32 meters into a rugged canyon.
These three attractions complete the classic Golden Circle - but to add even more to your experience - we also stop at the spectacularKerid Volcanic Crater. This 3000 year old crater is 55 meters deep and offers a unique view of the beauty of the Icelandic nature. Admission to the Kerid is included in the tour price.
Inclusions for Small-Group Golden Circle And Kerid Volcanic Crater Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavk
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Small-Group Golden Circle And Kerid Volcanic Crater Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Only small luggage like a small backpack can be taken on this tour
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to the Glacier Lagoon: Jkulsrln with Boat Tour from Reykjavik
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Day Trip Including Touch-Screen Multi-Language Audio Guide from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to Iceland's Beautiful South Coast from Reykjavik