If you're coming to Iceland (or already arrived), chances are you've heard of the famous Golden Circle route. It's pretty much the perfect day tour because youll see some of Iceland's most famous natural wonders in a 1-day trip.
- ingvellir National Park is a stunning place and islisted as a World Heritage Site
- Gullfoss waterfall is, of course, charming
- and then there's Geysir where youll walk into a unique geothermal area and see Geysir's brother, Strokkur, spout hot water out of the ground.
- After pickup in Reykjavik, we head straight to ingvellir National Park. Your guide will tell you all about the history of the area and show you all the essential spots. Youll have time to explore, take pictures and hike around a bit.
- After that, transfer to Gullfoss Waterfall. There youll experience the power of the waterfall. Just close your eyes and listen to it roar. After you take a few waterfall selfies, walk around the area and perhaps stop at the Gullfoss caf for lunch (own expense).
- Next is the Geysir geothermal area where youll see the geyser Strokkur. There you can walk around, take pictures, shop and either explore the area or just relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Your guide will, of course, point you towards everything of interest and help you if you need anything.
- Remember, there's free wi-fi on board so you can post your pictures immediately and brag about being in Iceland.
- Faxi waterfall, Friheimar greenhouse, Keri and the historical site Sklholt are not far apart, and well stop at each one.