Small-Group Great Ocean Road Day Trip From Melbourne Including Twelve Apostles And Cape Otway Lighthouse
OverviewTravel down the Great Ocean Road and see the Twelve Apostles on this small group tour from Melbourne. Be awestruck by the natural beauty as you're taken through the surf coast region of Victoria. Stop at some of the seaside holiday villages and look out for the local wildlife including koalas, king parrots and sulphur crested cockatoos. Take in the cool climate rainforests as you travel through the Otway Ranges before coming to Cape Otway where you can climb mainland Australias oldest lighthouse. To make your Great Ocean Road Day Trip epic, choose to include a 15-minute helicopter flight over the twelve apostles and take in the spectacular sights from the air.
- All entrance fees included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourIn the morning you will be met by your guide to join your Great Ocean Road small-group tour. Being a small-group tour means there is plenty of time to get out and explore nature at its very best. Your guide will keep you informed along the way with commentary of the highlights.
After departing Melbourne, travel West to the start of the Great Ocean Road with your first stop at the Memorial Arch. As you pass through the iconic seaside villages of Lorne and Apollo Bay you will gain an insight into the laid back lifestyle the Australian surf coast has to offer.
Journey through the luscious surrounds of the Otway ranges and some of the tallest eucalyptus trees in Australia. Arrive at the iconic Cape Otway lighthouse, mainland Australia's oldest surviving lighthouse and learn about Australias colonial history. Climb to the top of the light-station and enjoy breathtaking views over the Southern Ocean and Bass Strait.
After lunch, discover the Shipwreck Coast, stroll along the historic beaches and be intrigued by the tale of the shipwreck at Loch Ard Gorge. Be awestruck by the majesty of the Twelve Apostles and descend the Gibsons Steps where you will be dwarfed by the high cliff line and these enormous offshore stacks. You also have the option to incude a 15-minute helicopter flight for the opportunity to see the Twelve Apostles, Shipwreck Coast and Port Campbell National Park from the air.
On this tour you will experience some of the best scenery Victoria has to offer, from stunning coastal vistas, to rolling hills and pastures of the hinterland. The Great Ocean Road will have you gasping at every turn.
Inclusions for Small-Group Great Ocean Road Day Trip From Melbourne Including Twelve Apostles And Cape Otway Lighthouse
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 15-minute helicopter flight (if selected)
Exclusions for Small-Group Great Ocean Road Day Trip From Melbourne Including Twelve Apostles And Cape Otway Lighthouse
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please note: Cape Otway lighthouse will be CLOSED on Christmas day, so you will not be visiting this attraction and the BBQ lunch will be replaced by a sandwich lunch
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Champion Racehorse Tour with Beer and Wine Tasting
- Boutique Mornington Peninsula Strawberry Farm Chocolate and Winery Tour with Eureka Skydeck Edge Experience Admission
- Half-Day Melbourne City Laneways and Arcades Tour with Queen Victoria Market From Melbourne
- Guided Running Tours of Melbourne
- Mornington Peninsula including Strawberry Farm Day Tour from Melbourne
- Wilsons Promontory Day Trip from Melbourne