Small-Group Great Synagogue And Jewish History Walking Tour With A Historian In BudapestWrite a Review
From USD 68
OverviewEnjoy a 3-hour walking tour in Budapest and learn about the Jewish History and the Great Synagogue during your visit. Budapests Jewish history is rich, complex, and continues to thrive today. Led by a Jewish historian, you will discover the intriguing and bustling 7th district, including the Great Synagogue on this small-group tour (maximum 6 participants).
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin your tour on Andrassy Street, the commercial center of the city, and also the area where many Jews settled at the end for the 19th century. From there, we’ll delve into smaller side streets to discover the rich offerings: silver shops, kosher butchers, prayer houses, and smaller synagogues.
We will also look at the contemporary experience of Jews in Budapest, which today hosts a vibrant Orthodox community, and visit several synagogues, including a masterpiece by the renown Secessionist architect Otto Wagner, and the Dohany Synagogue, or so-called Great Synagogue of Budapest and one of the largest in the world. We'll also visit a ritual bath (mikva) and several kosher shops, where we'll get a taste of Jewish cuisine.
We also grapple with the experience of the Holocaust and World War II in Budapest, and look at the remains of the ghetto walls “yellow star houses,” and will discuss the deportation of the Jews in the larger context of the Holocaust in Europe. To end our experience, we will look at the contemporary Jewish history in the city and visit several synagogues, including the Dohany (Great) Synagogue.
Inclusions for Small-Group Great Synagogue And Jewish History Walking Tour With A Historian In Budapest
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Great Synagogue And Jewish History Walking Tour With A Historian In Budapest
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance fees to Synagogue
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum age is 13 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.