OverviewDiscover the inland Basque valley and its typical villages, some boasting the official title of the Most Beautiful Villages of France, such as Espelette, Ainhoa and Sare. Feel the strong identity of this land of traditions and be charmed by the typical village squares and churches, half-timbered houses and pelota outdoor courts. During the next 5-hours you will meet farm producers all along the way and make a stopover to taste their homemade food specialties, such as the famous piment dâEspelette, a hot pepper produced around Espelette, as well as Basque charcuterie and cheese.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet you guide at the meeting point in the afternoon. While driving you to different places, your guide will share with you his passion and explain what makes Basque identity so unique. After all, it takes local insider knowledge to fully grab Basque country culture. Along the way, you will discover a nature of stunning beauty and walk around four true local villages deeply rooted in their traditions. Make three stops at the most interesting villages and drive through many others. Discover the old thick-walled houses which are so representative of the Basque culture.
Enjoy the nice gourmet break that a local producer will have prepared for your group with delicious homemade products. Your friendly guide, a true local, will show you the most charming side of those typical villages, such as the church, the narrow streets lined with red or green Basque houses, and most of all, the fronton outdoor court. So be ready to have a go at playing Basque pelota. This local sport has been played by all among family and friends for generations. Learn the basics firsthand from your guide, turn into a true local and have some fun.
The last stop of this tour will be at a farm producing famous piment d’Espelette, the hot pepper that makes Espelette chili powder. Through this journey into local terroir and timeless values, you will discover everything about this Appellation product and the way it is made, from the fields to your kitchen. The producer you will meet is unique. You will be truly moved by his passion and the way he talks about his land, his work and the precious spice his family has grown for generations. The visit will end with a friendly and very tasty aperitif. After this tour, Basque food specialties will hold no secret for you.
Head back to the tourist office in Biarritz at approximately 6:30pm.
Inclusions for Small-Group Half-Day French Basque Region Villages And Countryside Tour From Biarritz
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Half-Day French Basque Region Villages And Countryside Tour From Biarritz
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.