Enjoy the famous French Art de Vivre with the visit of 2 great castles: after the majestic Chteau de Villandry- a must-see in the Loire Valley - discover one of the rare genuine castles from the 16th century still inhabited by its current owners: a French family, whom you may have a chance to meet! Two unforgettable experiences of a French life of luxury!
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
9.30 am: Meet your guide in front of the Tourist office in Tours and get on your minivan, off to the Loire Chateaux!
During this morning, you will visit a stunning Chateau of the Loire Valley, as well as a charming genuine family-owned chateau in which you will instantly feel like home!
You will start your visit at Chateau de Villandry, a Renaissance jewel ranking high in French heritage. During the tour, you will time-travel from Renaissance to life in France back in the 16th century. Your tour-leader will guide you through all the rooms of the chateau, with plenty of thrilling anecdotes and just one mission: make your day a fun adventure that you will always remember! One of the highlights will be the exploration of Villandry gorgeous formal gardens, a beautiful and delicately-manicured landscape masterpiece. Your local expert will share all his knowledge of this garden à la française, and will show you hidden corners from where you will get the best views of this remarquable site. The ornamental kitchen garden, the Maze, the classical water garden...Don't miss any detail!
En route for the next stop! After a short drive, enjoy the amazing sight unfolding in front of you and discover Chateau de l'Islette, a private chateau still inhabited by the French family who inherited this historical monument. Be prepared for a very unusual visit, as your guide will take you to all the rooms, including the most intimate ones like the parent's bedroom, the kids’ corner, the family kitchen and even the bathroom! If you are lucky, you may even get the chance to meet our charming French hosts and chat about their daily life in this house! A real genuine experience!
After the visit, you will share a friendly moment with your guide who will set up a lovely lunch for your group near the bank of the river in the park of the chateau. Enjoy a Loire wine, perfectly matching a selection of tasty local products... An amazing experience you will never forget! Cheers!
2.00 pm: Back to the Tourist Office in Tours.
Inclusions for Small-Group Half-Day Tour To Villandry And Family Castle From The Town Of Tours
- Entrance fees
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Small-Group Half-Day Tour To Villandry And Family Castle From The Town Of Tours
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.