Small-Group Historical Orientation Of The Pest Side Of The Danube River With A Local Expert Guide - Budapest
OverviewEnjoy a 3-hour small-group tour with a local guide through Pest. Separated by the Danube River, Budapest consists of the former settlements of Buda and Pest. Led by an expert and long-time resident of Budapest, you will explore the expansive history of the thriving Pest side of the river on this 3 hour experience.
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet the group at a central meeting point and start your 3-hour walking tour with an English-speaking guide at the beginning of Pests history and discover the Contra-Aquincum, ruins of old Roman fortifications, and the Inner Parish Church, the oldest building in the city.
Continue on in time on a path next to the Danube, which provides fantastic photo opportunities and ample opportunity to admire and understand the architecture and urban development of Pest. As the trail meanders, we have plenty of time for questions and discussion in our small group tour (maximum of 6 participants).
Along the way, you will pass by the Chain Bridge and delve into the development of the Hungarian identity and contemporary politics, exemplified by the re-naming of public space and areas of the city, including the monuments in Freedom Square. Our time together will provide a timeline for the development and changes in Pest, as well as a further understanding of contemporary current events and politics, and the history from which these modern-day issues emerged. We finish our time together at St. Stephens Basilica, near the Central European University, a symbol of post-Soviet education and a movement to the future.
Inclusions for Small-Group Historical Orientation Of The Pest Side Of The Danube River With A Local Expert Guide
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Historical Orientation Of The Pest Side Of The Danube River With A Local Expert Guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 13 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Etyek Wine Country Tour with Dinner from Budapest
- Hungarian Wine Tasting with Cheese and Charcuterie in Budapest
- Szentendre Half Day Sightseeing Trip from Budapest
- Private Budapest Communist Heritage Tour - Life Behind The Iron Curtain
- Hungarian Folk Performance in Budapest
- Private Jewish Budapest Tour with a Jewish Tour Guide from a Holocaust Survival Family