OverviewAn unique experience to feel like a real nomad exploring ever-changing scenery of Mongolian wilderness at Terelj National Park within 2-hour drive from the capital city of Ulaanbaatar. Take this marvelous trip through breathtaking landscape with magnificent mountains in the backdrop while the eternal blue skies are hugging you. This trip allows you to step back in time and explore the simpler and nomadic way of living as well as Mongolian culture. This horseback riding adventure includes well-trained horses and highly qualified trainers who will guide you throughout your unforgettable experience. At the end of the tour, sit down for a flavorful traditional Mongolian meal, complemented by smooth local beer and kumis. Number of guests are limited up to four people to keep the experience as intimate as possible.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
In a country with an equal number of horses to people, a quintessential activity in Mongolia is to go horseback riding through the stunning Mongolian landscape in a traditional nomadic setting. Perfectly situated a couple of hours drive from the City of Ulaanbaatar, Gorkhi-Terelj National Park is one of Mongolia’s most scenic and the country’s third largest protected area.
Your private English-speaking tour guide will meet you at the location of your choice in Ulaanbaatar at 8:50am. Your day will start with a brief city tour, followed by a car trip to Terelj, where the horseback riding will take place. Your thrilling horseback riding experience will be 3-hours long and led by a highly experienced trainer as well as your tour guide. Throughout the horseback riding tour, you will explore the beautiful and breathtaking landscapes of magnificent mountains in the backdrop with eternal blue skies.
This trip is a truly unique experience to step back in a time of a simpler way of life: the Mongolian Nomad. During the tour, you will explore the wilderness, Turtle Rock (gigantic eighty feet tall boulder in the shape of a turtle), Tuul River, and visit local households and nomad families for lunch. At the end of the horseback riding tour, you will enjoy a flavorful traditional Mongolian meal. After an eventful day, you will be returned back to the location of your choice in Ulaanbaatar where this adventure concludes.
Inclusions for Small-Group Horseback Riding Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Traditional lunch
- Afternoon tea
- Fuel surcharge
- Horseback riding equipment
- Cow carriage
Exclusions for Small-Group Horseback Riding Day Tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expense
- Travel and medical insurance
- Optional activities & additional services
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children from 0-12 years old are free of charge
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 7 people per booking
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.