Small-Group Hot Springs And Lava Cave Day Trip From ReykjavikWrite a Review
Discover the Hengill volcanic area and travel into the lava caves of the Icelandic Underground. On this 7-hour day trip from Reykjavik you will explore a lava cave in the BlÃ¡fjÃ¶ll mountain range and take a hike around the hot spring area of Reykjadalur Valley, where you have the option of taking a dip in the warm geothermal stream that runs through the valley. Enjoy this small-group experience by minibus for a more personal experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
This is a 7-hour day trip from Reykjavik that starts with one of our expert guides picking you up at your hotel, guest house or hostel in Reykjavik. The journey then begins by exploring LeiÃ°arendi, one of the many lava caves in the BlÃ¡fjÃ¶ll mountain range, just east of Reykjavik. You will find out how lava caves are formed and discover a wealth of geological formations, including stalagmites and stalactites.
After enjoying the hidden beauties of the underground, we head out to the Hengill geothermal area where an easy hike in magnificently ethereal surroundings brings us to hot springs and bubbling mud pools awaiting your exploration. The hike continues down through Reykjadalur, the Smokey Valley, where it is possible to enjoy a natural bath surrounded by the warm geothermal stream.
We will drop you back at your accommodation in Reykjavik at approximately 7pm.
This tour includes pick up and drop-off at any accommodation in central ReykjavÃk, guiding services and helmets and headlamps for the caving part. Please bring with you warm clothing, rain gear (if needed), bathing suit, towel and lunch. Lunch can be bought on the way (own expense).
Inclusions for Small-Group Hot Springs And Lava Cave Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Helmets and headlamps for caving
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Hot Springs And Lava Cave Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Bathing suit and towel
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch (lunch can be bought on the way at own expense)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Approx. 4 hours of hiking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please bring a bathing suit and a towel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.