If you have a passion for food and wine and a craving to learn, youâÂÂve come to the right place. Come and experience the finest Italian productsÂ all in 1 day.Â Visit boutique producers of prosciutto, Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, and wine. Experience lovely tastes with accompanying wines and learn how these fabulous foods are made.Â At the end of the tour enjoy a delicious 6-course Italian lunch at a family-run restaurant including homemade pasta andÂ a selection of local wines.
- Instant Confirmation
- All-inclusive tour
- Family friendly
- Excellent value for money
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourOne of the best ways to experience Italy is through the cuisine, and Bologna is a particularly rich region in this regard. You will depart Florence by high-speed train and reach Bologna train station where you will beÂ picked up in a comfortable air-conditionedÂ minibus with free WI-FI and complimentary water on board.Â Your guideÂ will beÂ extremely knowledgeable, and fun.
You will learn aboutÂ the process of making the foods, and you'llÂ never look at Italian food the same way again. The advantage is that you will have a very close look to how the things are made, you will meet andÂ engage with local food artisans and fellow food lovers.
Your first stop will be the Parmesan cheese producer. Parmesan cheese is madeÂ today the same way it was made eight centuries ago, using the same typical and genuine ingredients and the skills and knowledge of the cheese masters.Â You will tour the production area toÂ assist toÂ the cooking of the milk and the birth of the king of the cheeses. Then see the dripping room with the Parmesan molds, the salt room, the hot room and finally the Parmesan heaven! You'll step in an amazing ageing room where you'll admire around 30.000 Parmesan cheese wheels. At the end of the visit you will savor authentic Parmiggiano-Reggiano of different ages.
Your day will continue with the tour of a family-run prosciutto producer. The visit in facts will start with the salt cellars, then the rest cellar, the hotÂ rooms and finally the ageing rooms where one can admire over 20.000 prosciutto legs. Delicious prosciutto tasting accompanied by wine will be offered at the end of the tour.
Then you will reach a boutique producer of balsamic vinegar which is known as the black gold of Modena.Â The families of the area have always been very proud of their production of balsamic vinegar, and have a set of barrels in the attic as a seal of ancient family traditions, if not a confirmation of noble family roots. Welcomed by the owner, you will visit an amazing cellar counting over 1000 barrels. The most ancient dating back to 1870 that belonged to the owner's great grandfather. You will taste this special traditional balsamic vinegar and learn family recipes and secrets.
Before lunch you will tour the most important winery of the area. Youâll walk through beautiful vineyards with the winery sommelierÂ andÂ enjoy a wine tasting.Â
Your yummy food and wine tour will conclude with a delicious 6-course gourmet lunch accompanied by a selection of local wines served in a family-run restaurants on the hills.Â
Your guide and driver will drop you off atÂ Bologna train station at the end of the day. Or if you prefer you can take advantage of some free time to discover Bologna high-lightsÂ such as Piazza Maggiore with San Petronio Basilica, the old food market and the two Kissing Towers before your return to Florence.
Inclusions for Small-Group Italian Food And Wine Tour With Gourmet Lunch From Florence
- Train tickets Florence Santa Maria Novella-Bologna Centrale (high-speed train, 2nd class, reserved seats)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan in Bologna
- Bottled water and wifi on board
- 4 food & wine factory tours: Parmesan cheese, Prosciutto, Balsamic vinegar, wine
- 4 Food & wine tastings
- 6-course long Italian Lunch at a family-run restaurant wit wine included
- Expert local guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Italian Food And Wine Tour With Gourmet Lunch From Florence
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.