Small-group Kyoto Walking Tour Including Traditional Japanese Snacks And Drinks
OverviewThe true magic of Kyoto comes alive at the end of the day, when the past and the present blend into the night! Take to the streets as dusk falls and see how argon lights mix with paper lanterns, age-old shrines squeeze into busy shopping streets, and aged wood is decorated with modern street art.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tour
Experiencing Kyoto by night is an essential part of any visit to Japans city of tradition. Walking through the old towns lantern-lit wooden streets is an otherworldly experience not to be missed!
YourKyoto tour will begin at Minamiza Theatre in Kyotos famed Geisha district, Gion. As you wander, theres a good chance youll see both Geiko and Maiko breezing through the narrow alleyways of the old quarter.
From there, you and your guide will avoid the crowds and traverse the serene wooden backstreets through to Yasaka Shrine, where theres an explosion of light and noise! Famous Yasaka is eternally alive, brought to life by bright lights and buzzing crowds, and lined with street food stalls selling Japans favorite evening snacks everything from frozen bananas to skewered squid.
Then you willdart into the backstreets of northern Gion, walking through the narrow streets lined with smaller and more modern clubs and bars a fascinating contrast to the quarters old buildings and historical air.
Crossing the Kamo River,you will take in the sprawling view of Kyotos restaurant district as it stretches into the distance along the river, before crossing into Pontocho. A centuries-old entertainment district now lined with bars and restaurants, Pontocho is lit almost entirely by traditional Japanese lanterns of every shape and size. Each restaurant has its own unique menu and atmosphere, but all retain an old-world charm.
From Pontocho, youll cross to Teramachi, a traditional Japanese-style arcade strip that stretches off into the distance. Roofed with glowing, cathedral-like arches, Teramachi is home to a countless variety of merchants and restaurants, including traditional Japanese bookstores and the ubiquitous, brightly lit Manga comic shops. Here, you can find everything from statues of ancient gods at a Butsudan-ya (Buddhist altar shop) to high-quality sushi knives and vintage clothing.
Leaving Teramachis arcade, youll be lead past the Nishiki food market to check out a tachinomiya translated in English,tachinomiya literally means stand and drink shop. Bars with no seats offer locals a chance to enjoy drinks and light snacks en route to home or engagements elsewhere.
Inclusions for Small-group Kyoto Walking Tour Including Traditional Japanese Snacks And Drinks
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Food samplings: traditional Japanese snacks and drinks
Exclusions for Small-group Kyoto Walking Tour Including Traditional Japanese Snacks And Drinks
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Modest dress is highly recommended as you will be visiting a shrine (It is recommended to have your shoulders and knees covered.)
Small group is a maximum of 12 people
Some food allergies can be accommodated; please advise your local tour operator at the time of booking
Minimum age is 20 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.