Small-Group Little Italy Walking Food Tour In New York - New York City
OverviewDiscover the true Little Italy of New York City and see the neighborhood where Broadway's "A Bronx Tale" is set. Participate in a walking tour of Arthur Avenue and 187th Street as you visit butchers, bakers, and cheese shops, as well as the famous Arthur Avenue Retail Market. Youll taste some of the best bites in Little Italy and meet the food artisans who are keeping traditions alive. In this small-group, you'll see New Yorks Real Little Italy where Italians still shop and own the businesses. Taste delicious pastries, cheese, salume, bread, and more, all made by local artisans. Meet the people who make the food and have owned these shops for generations. Learn all about the history of the Bronx and the Italian community that built the city and the neighborhood. Finish your 2.5-hour tour by visiting the world-famous Bronx Zoo or New York Botanical Gardens, each within walking distance.
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourThe Bronx neighborhood known as Arthur Avenue is one of New York's last enclaves of small, family-run food shops, most of which have been in business for over 100 years. The Belmont section of the Bronx, also known as Little Italy or simply Arthur Avenue, is one of New York's last enclaves of truly family-run food shops.
On this European-style food tour, you will spend 2.5-hours and visit nearly a dozen Italian food shops, most of which have been in business for over 100 years. Youll start our food adventure around 11am - at the famous Arthur Avenue Retail Market,where youll explore the many stalls inside and make a special stop to see what foods have just arrived from Italy.
Next, youll head next door to a pork shopwhere the entire ceiling is covered with their homemade sausages. Then, sample house-made ricotta at a cheese store before you move onto a local bakery for a taste of their singular white chocolate bread. Youll make your way to a local pastry shop, watch fresh pasta being made, and visit a neighborhood deli for a sample of their hand-pulled mozzarella.
Finally, before ending the tour, atArthur Avenue Retail Market - youll find out where NYC chefs get their Italian food supplies and why.
Inclusions for Small-Group Little Italy Walking Food Tour In New York
- English speaking guide
- Food and drink samples as per itinerary.
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Little Italy Walking Food Tour In New York
- Additional food and drinks
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
- Gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children younger than 6 are permitted at no extra cost.
Dress is casual, but please dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather.
Maximum of 12 people per tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.