See the best of Provence on this Luberon day trip from Avignon. Travel into the heart of the Luberon region with your expert guide by comfortable minivan. Discover the source of the Sorgues River in Fontaine-de-Vaucluse and admire traditional architecture in the hilltop village of Gordes. Hike through the ProvenÃ§al landscape on the Ochre Trail in Roussillon before exploring the cobbled streets and passageways of Bonnieux and Menerbes at your leisure. Then, sample three wines at a local winery. Your group size is limited to eight, ensuring a small-group experience.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourFollowing a morning pickup from your Avignon hotel, meet your guide and travel south out of the city by air-conditioned minivan into the rolling hills of the Luberon. Taking pride of place in the center of Provence, Luberon is a region of breathtaking beauty with fertile soils ideally suited to agriculture and winemaking.
Travel first to the pretty village of Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, and take a walk up to the cave mouth source of the Sorgues River. In the hilltop village of Gordes, admire the cascade of cream-colored houses clinging to the mighty cliff face. Pause here to take in panoramic views over the village, widely considered among the most beautiful in France.
Continue by coach to the picturesque Provenal village of Rousillon, famous for the ochre-colored rock on which it perches. Enjoy a leisurely, 30-minute hike through a former ochre quarry and nearby woods known as the Ochre Trail and enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
After lunch (own expense), head to Bonnieux, another of the regions historical hill villages. Admire the Roman bridge, Pont Julien, and enjoy a little free time to explore the charming boutiques, cafs, squares and the 12th-century church at your leisure.
Stop for a photo opportunity in Lacoste, then head up into the Luberon mountains to the walled village of Mnerbes made famous by British expatriate Peter Mayles popular book, A Year in Provence. Here, enjoy more free time to wander the cobbled streets and courtyards at your leisure, and enjoy panoramic views of the Provenal countryside.
Travel back down hill and finish your tour with a tasting session of three red, white and ros Cte du Luberon wines from the local family-run winery. When its time to depart, hop back aboard your minivan for the journey back to central Avignon, where your day trip concludes.
Inclusions for Small-Group Luberon Day Trip From Avignon Including Roussillon Ochre Trail Hiking And Provençal Wine Tasting
- Hotel pickup
- Expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance to the Ochre Trail
- Wine samples (1 red, 1 white, 1 rosé)
Exclusions for Small-Group Luberon Day Trip From Avignon Including Roussillon Ochre Trail Hiking And Provençal Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.