Discover the Luxembourg Gardens with a knowledgeable guide on this 2-hour walking tour. Located in Paris' esteemed 6th arrondissement, this verdant escape is one of the city's most renowned attractions, and has an interesting history. Walk along the tree-lined pathways, admire the serene flora and fauna, learn about the royal statues and famous Medici Fountain and hear about the many uses of Luxembourg Palace over the centuries. Your group size is limited to eight to ensure a more personalized experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the entrance of the Luxembourg Gardens (Jardin du Luxembourg) to begin your 2-hour walking tour. This lovely 57-acre (23-hectare) garden sits in the heart of the elegant 6th arrondissement, on the Left Bank of the Seine River.
Built in 1612 by Queen Marie de Medici, Luxembourg Palace and its gardens were an exclusive royal estate that turned the neighborhood into a fashionable district for French nobility, and played a pivotal role in Paris’ development. Today it remains one of Paris’ most poised and tranquil green spaces, providing a wonderful break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Listen to your guide explain the history of the gardens as you walk along the uniform hedgerows past flowerbeds, statues of former kings, queens and emperors, and stately arrangements of flora and fauna that showcase the classic French gardening style. Thousands of tulips embellish the display during the spring months.
Arrive at the Luxembourg Garden’s focal point, the Medici Fountain, and pause for photos. Behind this is spectacular Luxembourg Palace. Hear how the palace has transformed from the Queen’s 16th-century royal residence to a prison during the French Revolution to the modern-day headquarters of the French Senate.
Return to the start point to conclude your 2-hour Luxembourg Gardens tour.
Inclusions for Small-Group Luxembourg Gardens Walking Tour In Paris
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Luxembourg Gardens Walking Tour In Paris
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; good walking shoes are recommended
Minimum age: 6 years old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket With Host
- Skip The Line: Louvre Museum Audio Tour
- Skip The Line: Notre Dame Cathedral, Tower And Ile De La Cite Half-Day Walking Tour
- Seine River Cruise And Paris Canals Tour
- Paris Pass Including Entry To Over 60 Attractions
- Paris L'Open Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour
- Paris City Tour And Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Skip The Line: Eiffel Tower Tour By Night
- Paris Jewish History 2 Hour Private Guided Walking Tour