Discover Milford Sound on a full-day excursion that takes you to popular scenic spots around Fiordland National Park before the crowds arrive. Travel to Milford Sound for a boat cruise through the incredible beauty of this glacier-carved fjord. Look for wildlife and admire the stunning peaks and waterfalls surrounding you. En route to Milford Sound, stop at several gorgeous locales for short walks and photo ops, learning from your expert guides about the regions flora and fauna. Most Milford Sound coach tours take upwards of 50 people, but this small-group tour, limited to 19 people, ensures personal attention from your guide.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter morning pickup from your Te Anau hotel, drive 2.5 hours by mini-coach to Milford Sound. On the way, stop at picturesque Mirror Lakes to take photos and stretch your legs. Throughout your journey, your expert guide provides informative commentary on the regions flora and fauna.
Continue to Fiordland National Park, New Zealands largest national park, which takes up a huge chunk of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Te Wahipounamu region. Arrive at Milford Sound where you join other travelers for a scenic 1.5-hour cruise aboard a boat equipped with large viewing windows, warm indoor seating and ample outdoor decks. Your skipper provides informative commentary as you cruise, and several naturalists can answer questions and help you spot wildlife, such as the penguins, dolphins and seals, that live in these icy waters.
Milford Sound was carved by glaciers in the last ice age, leaving a breathtakingly beautiful swathe of tall mountains and cascading waterfalls. One glimpse of the staggering 5,550-foot-tall (1,692m) Mitre Peak and it's no mystery why the area is considered the Eighth Wonder of the World.
After your cruise, return to your coach for a leisurely ride back to Te Anau, eating lunch and stopping at several gorgeous sites along the way. Your guide determines the itinerary depending on weather and road conditions, making it possible for you to escape the crowds on visits to places such as The Chasm nature trail (near Homer Tunnel), a Milford Sound lookout, Lake Gunn, or the Eglinton Valley.
Your guide returns you to your Te Anau hotel in the late afternoon to end your tour.
Please note: It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes for the short walks and boat cruise.
Inclusions for Small-Group Milford Sound Day Trip And Cruise From Te Anau
- Sightseeing cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned mini coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Small-Group Milford Sound Day Trip And Cruise From Te Anau
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes suitable for walking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.