OverviewDiscover the beauty of the Moselle Valley on this day trip from Frankfurt. This part of Germanys countryside is full of lush green hills, striking castles and terraced vineyards that produce the regions famous Riesling wine. Visit several picturesque villages lining the Moselle River including Cochem, Zell, Traben-Trarbach and Bernkastel-Kues to walk around with your knowledgeable guide and explore at your leisure.Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Know More about this tourYou’ll be picked up from central Frankfurt in the morning for your day trip by coach to the Moselle Valley. Located about 1.5 hours away, Moselle is one of Germany’s most attractive river valleys, occupying a vast landscape across France, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium whose history stretches back more than 2,000 years.
On your drive, admire views of idyllic medieval villages lining the banks of the Moselle River, towered by old castles and framed by forests, meadows and some of the steepest terraced vineyards in Europe.
Stop to visit the enchanting little towns of Cochem, Zell, Traben-Trarbach and Bernkastel-Kues for guided walking tours and free time. You’ll see how Moselle’s unspoiled nature contrasts flawlessly with the restored half-timbered houses, charming squares, narrow streets, twisting alleys, medieval churches, abbeys and palaces.
Highlights include the impressive Art Nouveau architecture in Traben-Trarbach and the lovely market square Bernkastel-Kues. Every village tells a story, one that recalls the region's prominent status in Roman times, which you’ll learn all about from your guide. Listen to tips from your guide for local restaurants and eateries, and discover the best places to eat or taste the region’s famous Riesling wine in your free time.
After your time in Bernkastel-Kues, board the coach and relax on the scenic drive back to Frankfurt.
Inclusions for Small-Group Moselle Valley Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Small-Group Moselle Valley Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.