Small-group Nam Khan River Valley Hiking Trek And Paddle From Luang PrabangWrite a Review
This 9-hour small-group tour offers you a chance to escape from the bustle of cities to enjoy the peace and beauty of the countryside of Luang Prabang. By joining this tour, you will explore spectacular landscape of rural areas, waterfalls, visit hill-tribe villages, and experience kayaking on Nam Khan River accompanied by an English-speaking guide. All transportation and lunch is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourAt about 8am, you will be greeted and picked up in your Luang Prabang hotel lobby by a local tour guide and a driver. You will be driven along a scenic route to the banks of the Nam Khan River.
Then, you will embark on a boat to cross the river to the trekking point. Once you arrive there, you start your first fair trek journey which will take about 1.5 hours. You will trek through jungle, bamboo forest, rice fields, and streams to reach a small Khmu village located on the foot of limestone mountains. Coming to this village, you will be taken around the village by the guide. You will be absolutely impressed by the beautiful weaved houses there. In addition, you can talk with local people and even enter their houses if the owners agree. Don’t be shy to talk to them as the guide will be there to connect you with the locals.
After exploring the Khmu village, you will continue hiking for 1.5 hours to the Tad Sae waterfalls. You can enjoy impressive view of high waters in the rainy season or attractive clear, turquoise waters at the end of the rainy season. At the Tad Sea Waterfall, you can have a refreshing swim or going to see elephants in the surrounding area of the waterfall. In the low water season (February - July) Tad Sae Waterfall is dry so it is not involved in the itinerary. During your kayaking adventure, you can stop by the white sand beaches to relax, swim and visit the Henri Mouhot’s tomb instead.
After a rest break, you will take get on boat again to head to the Tiger Trail Adventure Camp where you will start your kayaking adventure along the Nam Khan River. At the Camp, you will be delivered a short review of safety rules and some technique and skills of paddling the kayak. You will definitely have an exciting journey through the beautiful Nam Khan River Valley and jungle. In addition, on the way, you can observe local people and their daily activities on the river. This journey will take about 2 hours, depending on the conditions of the river.
After finish the kayaking adventure, you will be driven back to Luang Prabang city and the tour ends around 5 pm.
Inclusions for Small-group Nam Khan River Valley Hiking Trek And Paddle From Luang Prabang
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off via air-conditioned vehicle, arranged according to group size from hotels in Luang Prabang city central only. Other locations are subject to availability and will incur a supplement surcharge
- Transport between sites
- Entrance fees to all sites, permissions, and Fair Trek village fund contributions
- Rental gear
- Drinking water
Exclusions for Small-group Nam Khan River Valley Hiking Trek And Paddle From Luang Prabang
- Additional beverages
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required, single traveler must purchase 2 tickets
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.