Small-Group Neuschwanstein And Linderhof Castle Luxury Coach Day Trip From Munich
OverviewVisit the fairytale castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof on this day trip from Munich. Traveling by luxury coach complete with Wi-Fi, panoramic windows and complimentary snacks head to the Bavarian Alps for guided tours of Linderhof Palace, the inspiration for Disneys 'Sleeping Beauty,' and Neuschwanstein Castle, one of the most-photographed sights in Germany. Enjoy free time in the picturesque village of Oberammergau. Numbers are limited to 25 on this small-group tour, ensuring youll receive personalized attention from your expert guide.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up from central Munich in the morning for your day trip to two gems of the Bavarian Alps: Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Palace. On your scenic 1.5-hour drive, your expert guide provides commentary about the history and significance of the Bavaria region and its attractions. Your luxury coach offers comfortable seats, panoramic windows, Wi-Fi and a restroom, ensuring optimal comfort throughout your journey. Enjoy a complimentary snack box on board, with additional snacks and drinks available for purchase.
Your first stop is Linderhof Palace, a small palace built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria. Though inspired by Frances Versailles Palace, Linderhofs interior is actually rather private and humble, as youll see on your 1-hour guided tour, but head to the surrounding gardens and youll discover why theyre considered among the most beautiful in the world, combining elements of Baroque, Italian Renaissance and English styles.
Leaving Linderhof behind, head next to Oberammergau, where youll have about 30 minutes of free time to walk around. Wander the lanes of this quaint village and see beautiful examples of the traditional art of woodcarving.
Continue driving along famous Romantic Road to the foot of majestic Neuschwanstein Castle. Before hiking up the hill for your guided tour of the castle, you can either have lunch (own expense) or set out for Mary's Bridge (Marienbrcke), the best spot for postcard views of the castle.
The most famous of three royal palaces built for King Louis II of Bavaria, Neuschwanstein sits on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau. Take a guided tour of the 19th-century Romanesque Revival palace to learn about its peculiar past: it was intended as a personal refuge for the reclusive, crazed king, but it was opened to the public after his death in 1886.
Today Neuschwanstein is an architectural icon; in fact, it inspired Disneys Sleeping Beauty and closely resembles Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland!
After your tour of the castle, relax on the drive back to Munich.
Inclusions for Small-Group Neuschwanstein And Linderhof Castle Luxury Coach Day Trip From Munich
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury coach
- Entrance fees to Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Palace
- Live onboard commentary with English and German only
- Free onboard Wi-Fi
- Snack box
Exclusions for Small-Group Neuschwanstein And Linderhof Castle Luxury Coach Day Trip From Munich
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer by Luxury Van from Munich Central Station
- Private Tour: Munich Segway Tour Including Chinese Tower Beer Garden
- Munich Super Saver: Brewery and Beer Tour plus Express Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Private Tour: Dachau Concentration Camp Tour from Munich
- Ingolstadt Village Shopping Day Trip from Munich
- Munich 3-Hour Old Town Segway Tour