Escape from the hustle of Times Square on this guided, 2-hour, small-group walking tour around New York City. Visit the scenic, aerial greenway of the popular High Line, plus the trendy Meatpacking District and ChelseaÂ neighborhood in Manhattan. Soak up the atmosphere and learn about the history and culture of this area of the Big Apple âÂÂ one of the most drastically changed areas in New York City today.
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDiscover an area of New York City most tourists don't know about, let alone visit.
Begin the tour in front of the world-famous Chelsea Market (also known as the former Nabisco Factory). After learning about the history of the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, enjoy some free time inside the market to sample baked goods, snacks, and even do a little shopping.
After heading out of the Market, learn about the infamous 'Death Avenue' before heading up to the High Line, a 1.45-mile-long linear park built on an elevated section of a disused New York Central Railroad spur called the West Side Line. Hear about the controversy and impact the construction of the park had on local residents. While on the High Line, enjoy a fantastic view of Chelsea Piers and see where the ill-fated Titanic was meant to dock in 1912. Also, see the Standard Hotel, an 18-story luxury boutique hotel, plus other local architecture.
After leaving the High Line, head into the heart of the Meatpacking District. Visit the Gansevoort Hotel before walking past several high-fashion flagship stores and some trendy bars where the tour concludes.
Inclusions for Small Group New York Meatpacking District Chelsea Market And The Highline Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small Group New York Meatpacking District Chelsea Market And The Highline Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There is no need to confirm the reservation
Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
The Highline access is determined by weather conditions. The park is closed during potentially dangerous conditions
There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
There is no guarantee food vendors will be operating
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Tour operator reserves the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.