OverviewEnjoy a historical 3-hour tour through the labyrinth of narrow streets of Old Nice. Your local guide will take you in the heart of the oldest and bustling district of Nice with a thousand Mediterranean fragrances. He will explain 2 500 years of history of the County of Nice and its evolution from the Greek foundation until today through its medieval period under the House of Savoy and its Belle Epoque since the annexation of France. Visit the Old Nice with its old Arch, houses and typical market. Then, continue to explore the old town and receive many explanations about the architecture, the name of the streets, the shops, etc. Finally, climb up to Castle Hill to observe the ruins of the old castle, the gardens and the wonderful view over Nice.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in a central place in Nice in the morning or in the afternoon. Your local guide will first introduce you to the history of the most Italian French city with Greeks origins and foundations. Learn about the Italian reign of Savoia Dinasty, the English or Russian aristocracy influences and the modern history. You will have the answers to the questions : why the name Nice ? Why Nice was founded in this location? Why a place is named Quai des Etats-Unis (Pier of United States) or English Promenade ? The classic postal card of Nice and Angels' bay will be behind you during this introduction.
Let's go to the Old Nice passing next to the historical arch built by one of the last Savoia governor. Your local guide will first tell you the history of the most known cours Saleya and its typical market bordered by the fortification walls, the oldest buildings of local noble families, the most renown monuments, Italian baroque churches (if desired, you can visit 1 or 2 churches) or the main squares. You will pass in front of authentic little shops, bars and restaurants, artists and handcraft-mans in this district which is the oldest and liveliest one.
Then, continue the exploration of the honeycomb of Old Nice streets with several stops explaining the details of a door, a square, a decoration, a little shop, a name of street, until arriving at Garibaldi square. Stop in front of the sculpture where your guide will explain the history of this charismatic historical hero, one of the main characters of European and Italian 19th century.
Now it's time to climb up to the top of the Castle Hill passing through the most quiet part of Old Nice, and its forest. Walk up until you reach the old cemeteries and there, enjoy the panoramic views over the city and the harbour. Admire the ruins of the Old Castle, the beautiful waterfall and peaceful gardens.
During your visit, you will stop and have a Provençal snack in the gardens to taste the delicious local food offered by the guide.
At the end of the tour, your local guide will give you some tips so you will be able to fully enjoy the rest of your stay in Nice. You will know where to find the best products, restaurants, bars, handcrafts, etc.
Inclusions for Small-Group Nice Cultural Walking Tour Of The Old Town And Castle Hill
- Local snack
- Professional local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Nice Cultural Walking Tour Of The Old Town And Castle Hill
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please notify your preference for the departure time, specially for groups of more than 6 people. Departure times are flexible and depend on the bookings received. If you would like a different time and day departure, please specify in special requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Arrival Transfer: Nice Airport To Hotel
- Private Day Trip: Saint Tropez By Minivan From Nice
- Private Half-Day Tour Of La Villa And The Garden Of Ephrussi De Rothschild And La Villa Kerylos From Nice
- French Riviera Electric Bike Tour From Nice
- Nice Airport Private Arrival Transfer To Cannes, Monaco Or Eze
- Small-Group Gourmet And Cultural Food Walking Tour In Nice
- Nice Airport Private Departure Transfer From Cannes, Monaco Or Eze
- Full-Day Small-Group Tour To Saint-Tropez From Nice
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour To Eze And Monaco-Monte Carlo From Nice
- Nice Private Airport Arrival Transfer To Cannes