OverviewSeek the celestial green glow of the northern lights on a 3.5-hour Iceland tour by super jeep, a spacious SUV thats designed to travel on the rugged Icelandic terrain with ease. Learn about the natural phenomenon on your way out of Reykjavik, and venture deep into the countryside to find the best spots for viewing the lights. If you're not lucky enough to see the lights on the night of your tour, simply rebook with your guide at no extra cost.
Numbers are limited to 13 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- Small-group tour
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourDepart from a centrally located Reykjavik pick up point aboard a super jeep — a custom-built SUV complete with monster tires that measure upward of 38 inches (95cm) tall — and travel out of the city in search of the lights’ celestial green glow.
Sitting comfortably in the spacious vehicle, keep your eyes on the sky as your guide hunts for the best spot from which to find the lights. The northern lights, otherwise known as the aurora borealis, are caused by magnetic storms that paint the sky in vibrant shades of green, pink and other colors. Your chance of seeing them depends on certain variables (weather, location, chance), so sightings are never guaranteed, but you can rebook your tour at no extra cost (subject to availability) if you don’t see the lights.
Throughout the evening, you’ll learn all about the lights from your guide, including why Iceland is one of the world’s most accessible places to see the natural spectacle.
Your 4-hour tour concludes with a drop-off back to Reykjavik.
Inclusions for Small-Group Northern Lights Tour From Reykjavik By Super Jeep
- Small group experience
- Reykjavik pick up & return transfer
- Guided northern lights tour in the comfort of customized SUV
- An expert northern lights guide
- Hot chocolate & biscuits
Exclusions for Small-Group Northern Lights Tour From Reykjavik By Super Jeep
- Food & drinks (except the refreshments mentioned in inclusions)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Small group experience
A moderate amount of walking is involved, good hiking shoes are highly recommended.
Warm outdoor clothing is essential, also waterproof clothing, hat and gloves.
This tour is weather dependent and, as such, is liable to last-minute cancellations (up until 6:15pm on the day)
If you do not see the northern lights, or if your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you may rebook for another evening free of charge (subject to availability). Contact the local supplier in order to rebook. Contact details are mentioned on your voucher.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Northern Lights Night Tour From Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Classic Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Iceland South Coast And Jokulsarlon Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Gulfoss And Geysir Express Half-Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Grand Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Viewing Cruise From Reykjavik
- City Sightseeing Reykjavik
- 1 Hour 'Mountain Safari' ATV Quad Adventure From Reykjavik
- Reykjavík Grand Excursion