Small-Group Paris Gourmet Tour: Charcuterie, Brandy And Macarons At The Marais
OverviewThe best-preserved medieval area in Paris, the heart of the Jewish community, the centre of the gay scene — the neighbourhood of Marais is as eclectic as the gastronomic treats you’ll try on this tour! Get ready to eat, drink, and explore your way through the city’s gourmet charms!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourDiscover the enigmatic charms of Frances capital on this guided Paris tour that pairs secret local hangouts with delicious food and wine. Youll start your Paris tour in front in front of the Notre-Dame Cathedral and then move on to the Htel de Ville, the citys town hall, on the square where public executions were once carried out.Learn about the horrible death of Robert-Franois Damiens, the infamous man who tried to assassinate King Louis XV.
Well then move on to the little tangled streets of theMaraisto spot beautiful medieval churches, corbelled houses, and narrow lanes. Well also pass by an iconic bakery whose baguette was elected one of the best in Paris andwelltry our first pastry, a delicious meringueknown as amerveilleux.
Next, visit Rue Saint-Croix-de-la-Bretonnerie, part of the French gay scene. Youll learn how this part of city, once sordid, became synonymous with trendy Paris, and a shopping hub for fashionistas and the core of bobo culture. While youre here, stop and sample a delicious macaron from one of Paris most famous pastry chefs.
Just a street away is Rue des Rosiers, the heart of the Jewish community. Its a vibrant pedestrian street full of falafel stands and delicious Jewish-influenced delis. Well enter a fabulous chocolate store to taste a butter-filled pastry, called Kouign Amann,a specialty from Brittany.
Our Paris tour will then take us back to the SouthMarais, where stands the longest remaining piece of the 12th-century defensive wall of Paris. After a walk through impressive Saint-Pauls church, well stop inata local wine bar, where well get a professional wine tasting. Well sample some iconic French liqueurs like CognacandArmagnac or Old Plum brandy. To accompany our drinks, well also taste some delicious French cheese or charcuterie treats.Continue to Paris oldest and certainly most beautiful square, la Place des Vosges, home of Frances national writer, Victor Hugo. From there, its only a short walk to your final destination, la place de la Bastille, the former prison that was captured on July 14, 1789, triggering the French Revolution. The area nearby is full of bars and restaurants, leaving you with plenty of options for carrying on with your evening in the City of Lights.
Inclusions for Small-Group Paris Gourmet Tour: Charcuterie, Brandy And Macarons At The Marais
- Local English-speaking guide
- 2 different pastriesandthe best macaron in Paris
- A platter of French cheese or charcuterie
- Wine tasting &liquor tasting
Exclusions for Small-Group Paris Gourmet Tour: Charcuterie, Brandy And Macarons At The Marais
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For your tour you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring an umbrella for rainy days.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour by Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Luxury Evening Experience at Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Skip-the-Line Palace of Versailles and Eiffel Tower Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Green Paris - Ecological Visit
- Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Summit Entrance Ticket and Evening Illuminations Cruise in Paris