Small-Group Paris Impressionist Art Tour: Musée D'Orsay With Skip-the-Line Entrance And Montmartre Walking Tour
OverviewStep back in time to turn of the century Paris and lose yourself in the sweeping colors and bold energy of the Impressionist movement. Journey with your guides on this full-day tour through the lives and passions of some of the worlds most famous artists, including Picasso, Degas, and Van Gogh. Marvel at the masterpieces that fill the Musee d'Orsay, then wander through the bohemian heart of Paris: the village of Montmartre, home to lively cabarets and vibrant characters.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Skip the line
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Begin your day at the Muse dOrsay, a museum beloved by Parisians and travelers alike and home to the world's largest collection of Impressionist and post-Impressionist art. Meet your guide and group of up to 25outside the entrance, then head directly inside theformer 19th-century train station with your included skip-the-line ticket.
Walking throughthe museum's halls you'll see some of the mostrecognizable paintings in the world: Van Goghs Starry Night over the Rhone, Renoirs Bal du Moulin de la Galette, and Monets Blue Water Lillies. Learn about the innovated techniques these artists used, their daring subject matters, and the society that originally rejected these masterpieces while gaining a new appreciation for their creative genius.
Once this first part of your tour concludes youll have some free time to enjoy lunch (own expense). Ask your guide for some local recommendations tailored to your specific food interests.
When the time comes, meet your guide and group outside Blanche metro station in Montmartre for the second part of your tour. This was the artists playground, a beautifully unchanged village that sits high above Paris. With spectacular city views at its feet, this bohemian community has a distinctly unique charm that has enchanted artists for generations.
Walk in the footsteps of Picasso, Utrillo, and Modigliani as your guide weaves together the stories of their lives with the history of the local cabarets and studios. Hear tales of drinking, dancing, and debauchery as you explore. Passthe Place du Tertre, known for the painters, portraitists, and other artists who set up here to create and sell their wares. See, too, theSacr Coeur, agleaming basilica that offers stunning city views, as well asthe Moulin Rouge and its famous windmill.
You guide will also reveal the hidden gems that make Montmartre so unique, including the citys vineyard and the local town hall where wine is made from its grapes. Your 7-hour tour concludes in Montmartre.
Inclusions for Small-Group Paris Impressionist Art Tour: Musée D'Orsay With Skip-the-Line Entrance And Montmartre Walking Tour
- Guided toursof the Muse dOrsay and Montmartre
- Muse dOrsay entrytickets and reservation fees
- Muse dOrsay exclusive skip-the-line access
- English-speaking tour guides
Exclusions for Small-Group Paris Impressionist Art Tour: Musée D'Orsay With Skip-the-Line Entrance And Montmartre Walking Tour
- Transfers between tours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please arrive at your designated meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour's departure. We cannot accommodate late arrivals and no refunds will be given for missed tours
Our coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets at the meeting point to make them easily recognizable
We do not recommend this tour for customers with health conditions
Wear comfortable shoes
We are unfortunately unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Photography is not permitted in the Muse d'Orsay.
Some locations may be unavoidably busy during regular business hours
Large bags or backpacks are not permitted in the museum
Due to unforeseen circumstances, last-minute changes to the itinerary or its timing may occasionally occur
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour by Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Luxury Evening Experience at Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Skip-the-Line Palace of Versailles and Eiffel Tower Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Green Paris - Ecological Visit
- Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Summit Entrance Ticket and Evening Illuminations Cruise in Paris