OverviewImmerse yourself in the outstanding natural beauty of the UNESCO-listed Plitvice Lakes National Park on this day trip from Split. With an expert guide, wander along woodland trails and marvel at the oasis of turquoise lakes, linked by thundering waterfalls and flowing streams. Get an up-close look at the lakes on an electric boat, then round off your tour with a panoramic bus or train ride. The hiking route covers a distance of approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km), with numbers limited to 15 to ensure a more intimate experience.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourBegin your day with a pickup from your Split hotel, then travel by air-conditioned vehicle to Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site around four hours away. The largest and oldest of Croatia’s national parks, Plitvice is a region of outstanding beauty, renowned for its interwoven turquoise lakes, gushing waterfalls and dense forest.
On arrival, set off at a leisurely pace to explore the surrounding woodland. As you wander along the forest trails, let the tranquility wash over you, with only your guide’s commentary and the sound of wildlife stirring in the undergrowth breaking the peaceful silence.
Admire the towering fir trees and the colorful wild flowers that line the pathways, and pass over quaint wooden bridges for sweeping panoramas of the azure-green lakes. While the trails are steep and your 1.5-mile route takes in some 300 steps, it is well worth it for the excellent vantage points.
Next, treat your legs to a well-earned rest with a ride across one of the lower lakes in an electric boat. As you cruise, notice how clear the lake is despite how vivid the waters appear from afar.
Back on dry land, continue on foot to the higher lakes, stopping every now and then to snap postcard-perfect photos. Then, depending on your preferences, crown your hike with a panoramic tour by either bus or electric train.
Finally, you’ll enjoy free time to perhaps refuel with lunch at one of the park's cafes (own expense). After around an hour, return to your vehicle and relax on the journey back to Split.
Please note: See the Itinerary section below for list of hotels that offer pickup and drop-off.
Inclusions for Small-Group Plitvice Lakes Day Trip From Split
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entrance fees
- Electric boat ride
- Sightseeing by electric train or bus
Exclusions for Small-Group Plitvice Lakes Day Trip From Split
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Hotel President - Ulica Ante Starčevića 1, 21000
Hotel Radisson Blu - Put Trstenika 19, 21000
Hotel le Meridien - Grljevačka ulica 2, 21312
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring comfortable clothes and shoes
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A strenuous amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.