Small-Group Pompeii And Sorrento Rail Day Trip From Rome
OverviewImagine this: youre in Rome and really want to get out of town; specifically to see the wonder that is Pompeii, but its such a time commitment. Youre in luck. This small-group day trip whisks you to Pompeii and Sorrento via high-speed train from Rome. Stroll the basalt-paved streets of Pompeii and learn about its history. Sip Limoncello in Sorrento and explore the towns tiny cobbled alleyways. Numbers limited to 15 people, ensuring excellent access to the expert guide.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourRome wasnt built in a day. And common wisdom suggests Pompeii cant be seen in a day either. Not true. This small-group day trip not only takes you to one of the ancient worlds best-preserved sites, it takes you to nearby Sorrento, the beginning of the UNESCO-listed Amalfi Coast.
Meet your expert guide at Piazza dei Cinquecento in front of Rome Termini Station in the morning for the high-speed train to Naples. From there, transfer to Pompeii. Enjoy skip-the-line access and stroll straight into this ancient archaeological site. Spend about two hours strolling the streets on a guided tour. Get exclusive access to the domus of Pompeii, the houses of the erstwhile residents, particulary the upper-class denizens of Pompeii, that were only recently opened.
After some souvenir shopping and a break for refreshments (own expense), head to beautiful Sorrento, the start of the Amalfi Coast. Visit a shop that sells Limoncello, the delicious lemon-accented liquer that is a staple of southern Italy, and partake in a tasting of this fruity libation. Later, discover Sorrento's history and culture as you wander through the narrow streets. Explore handmade sandal workshops, as well as one-of-a-kind souvenir and artisanal food shops. You'll also enjoy free time for lunch (own expense) or to explore independently.
As you prepare to head back to Rome, take ease in knowing that your guide has made all the arrangements for seating on the comfortable high-speed train back to the Italian Capital. Your tour then concludes back at the original start point.
Inclusions for Small-Group Pompeii And Sorrento Rail Day Trip From Rome
- High-speed train ticket
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee Pompeii
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Audio-headset in Pompeii
- Limoncello tasting
- Small group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Pompeii And Sorrento Rail Day Trip From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable shoes recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
Unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
Water, sunscreen and hat are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience