Small Group Quito Discovery Walking Tour
OverviewExplore the spectacular sights of Quitos captivating city on a small group walking tour. Enjoy an intimate atmosphere while strolling around the central market; sample traditional canelazo drinks and experiment with Spanish greetings; and uncover the intriguing history of Quito with a certified English Spanish speakingguide. A personalized experience is guaranteed on this small group tour, where numbers are limited to 12 people.
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at Plaza de San Blas located in the Old Town at 9:00 am to begin your cultural tour into the citys historical heart. Experience the sights, smells and flavors of this sky-high capital as the day comes to life. Start this 4-hour adventure on the cobblestone streets of city to visit: The Mercado Central, a vibrant and colorful market to immerse yourself in the bustling atmosphere; follow your guide past stalls bursting with exotic fruits and fresh vegetables and discover sizzling local dishes. You will also visit the Independence Plaza, home to the Independence Monument, Government Palace and the Archbishops Palace. Stop to absorb the colonial charm of the La Compañía de Jesús, a Jesuit church boasting an elaborate façade made entirely out of volcanic stone, and an interior rich in gold leaf. Next, adventure to the legendary San Francisco Church to explore the subterranean catacombs that connect the spiritual structure the other churches in the city. Walk down through Rocafuerte Street, which in the Seventeen Century was known as the long Street to the hill. Explore La Ronda, one of the most picturesque cobblestone streets in Old District of Quito. Following your guides recommendations and try flavors that youre not likely to find back home like colaciones,empanadas etc... Enjoy of a shot of "Canelazo" using your newly learnt phrases to greet locals. Canelazo istraditional spiced hot drink from the highlands in Ecuador, which is made by boiling water with cinnamon and sugar or panela, and then it is mixed with a local sugar cane alcohol called punta or aguardiente. Your guide is happy to provide assistance in getting back to your hotel in Quito.
Inclusions for Small Group Quito Discovery Walking Tour
- Entrance fee in San Francisco Church
- 1 canelazo drink
- City Tour
- Professional Certified English / Spanish speaking guide
Exclusions for Small Group Quito Discovery Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Quilotoa Day Trip from Quito
- 3-Day Wedding Elopement in Quito
- Beach Wedding Ceremony from Quito
- Cloud Forest Day Trip with Chocolate Tasting from Quito
- Otavalo Market and Cotacachi Volcano
- 3-Day Andean Train and Volcanoes
- Overnight Antisana Volcano and Papallacta from Quito
- 10-Day Trip to the Huaorani Community in the Ecuadorian Amazon