Small Group Roman Dolce Vita With Local Tips - RomeWrite a Review
OverviewSick of ending up at the worst food spots in town? Join this Rome tour: we will show you where to get the best espresso and gelato in town. Oh, and we'll show you the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and a few other secret spots too.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Delight both your senses with food and your inner tourist with famous landmarks on this Rome walking tour that provides an alternative to your average stroll through the city. Culture and food - what more could you ask for?!
Start your Rome city tour at the Spanish Steps, one of the city’s most famous spots and home to the Barcaccia Fountain by Bernini. Walk along Via Condotti, a street filled with the high end boutiques as well as ancient local favourites such as Antico Caffe Greco, a meeting point for artists and philosophers for centuries. This in one of the best places in Rome to find a mix of old and new, and your local guide will be giving you plenty of insights along the way.
Wind your way through alleyways to the Trevi Fountain, the iconic spot featured in the movie ‘La Dolce Vita’, filmed by Federico Fellini in 1960. Be sure to throw a coin into the fountain and make a wish!
Your local Rome guide will then take you a little further along to the beautiful Piazza Colonna, home to Palazzo Chigi, the seat of the Italian government and nearby Montecitorio, house of the Parliament. Stop for a well earned break at Rome’s best gelateria to sample some of this famous ad delicious Rome food, then continue to the Church of Sant’Ignazio. This little known church has a wonderful fake dome, created by an optical illusion, a Rome attraction well worth checking out with a local guide to give you the insider's scoop.
The next stop on your Rome tour is the Pantheon, one of the greatest and best preserved Roman temples. In the 7th century it was transformed into a church and remains one of the most astonishing sites in the Eternal City. Don’t forget to admire the beautiful fountain outside, made by Giacomo della Porta.
Nearby is a small café where you'll have the chance to enjoy the best espresso in Rome (at your own expense), or maybe even in the world! After making your own judgement on that matter, your Rome guide will take you to Palace Madama, a Renaissance building that is now the seat of the Italian Senate. A short walk away is the Piazza Navona, site of the beautiful Four Rivers fountain by Bernini.
Complete your Rome walking tour by visiting another hidden gem, the statue of Pasquino, which has a very interesting local story behind it. In front of the statue is an excellent enoteca (wine bar) where you can rest while drinking a glass of wine chosen from a list of more than 3,000, and taste delicious cheese and prosciutto (all at your own expense). What better way to end your Rome adventure!
Inclusions for Small Group Roman Dolce Vita With Local Tips
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Small Group Roman Dolce Vita With Local Tips
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable shoes are recommended as this is a walking tour
Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.