Small-Group Rome Food Walking Tour: Trastevere, Campo De' Fiori And Jewish Ghetto
OverviewJostle with locals for the best food in town on this 3.5-hour small-group food tour of Rome! Focusing on the most exciting gourmet haunts in up-and-coming Trastevere and the Jewish Ghetto, your tour also includes must-visit sites like Campo de' Fioris famous market. Sample much-loved Italian classics such as pasta and gelato, as well as lesser-known specialties like fried artichokes. For most Italians, a good time has to involve food, so what better way to see Italys charismatic capital city than on this food walking tour!Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group walking tour ensuring youll experience everything with personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Piazza Farnese, central Rome, and then set off on your 3.5-hour food walking tour around the city. Like all Italians, Romans love to eat, so your expert local guide is well placed to introduce you to Romes favorite eateries.
First stop is Campo de' Fiori to explore its famous food market popular with locals and tourists alike. Browse the heaving market stalls with your guide, admiring artistically arranged stands of vegetables, cheeses and meats, while soaking up the markets friendly ambiance. Your guide will introduce you to some of the traders here, wholl happily let you sample some of their high-quality offerings.
A large concentration of the capitals restaurants and bars are found in the picturesque cobblestone streets of Trastevere a vibrant neighborhood where bustling eateries spill outside into its pretty piazzas. On a stroll through this eclectic end of town, your guide will show off some of the locals firm favorites -- sample a classic Roman pasta dish inside a top restaurant and then stop at a caf to try out the best pizza bianca (tomato-free pizza) in town. Taste fresh mozzarella with locally cured salami, and then stop at Fata Margana gelaterie for an artisan gelato the Italians far superior answer to ice cream!
Continue your tour through Romes Jewish Ghetto, an equally bohemian neighborhood -- just south of the citys historic center. Hunt out the ghettos most popular delicatessens and grocery stores that are peppered throughout the streets, sandwiched between interesting artisan studios and vintage shops. Try suppli every Romans favorite fried risotto ball and then sample some of the staples of Italian Jewish cuisine, like fried artichokes and codfish in Piazza della Cinque Scole.
After discovering the best foodie haunts around Trastevere, Campo de' Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto, your tour ends in San Cosimato Square (Trastevere).
Inclusions for Small-Group Rome Food Walking Tour: Trastevere, Campo De' Fiori And Jewish Ghetto
- Local guide
- Visit to Campo de' Fiori Market, Trastevere and the Jewish Ghetto
- Samples of Italian food
Exclusions for Small-Group Rome Food Walking Tour: Trastevere, Campo De' Fiori And Jewish Ghetto
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
The market visit is not included in the afternoon tour. If you select this option, you will have some free time to browse the local shops instead
Vegetarian and dairy-free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.