Small Group: Rome In A Day With Lunch - Vatican City
OverviewDo not miss the chance to see themarvelsof the Vatican City and the Jewish quarterof Romein just one day. This small group and skip the line tour will take you into aninformative journey focusing on art history and archaeology of the the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and the St. Peter's Basilica. After lunch in a typical Italian restaurant, it comes the time to escape the traffic and explore the Jewish history ofthe downtown's backstreets unknown to the most:the Jewish Ghetto, the Travestere district andthe Tiberina island, the only isle laying out on the River Tiber.
- Skip the line
- Lunch included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourThe morning will be starting with an inside tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Raphael Rooms, the Last Judgment and the famous Sistine Chapel with its outstanding Creation of Adam. You will then enter the ever crowded Saint Peters Basilica through a privileged skip the line passage. Here is where the world famous sculpture La Piet by Michelangelo is. Not only unique paintings are housed, but also bronze, marble and gold were used as decorations for the Rome's largest Basilica. Such as the impressive Baldachin Altar by GianLorenzo Bernini and the splendid Colonnades outside the church.
After the morning tour, a typical lunch in an Italian restaurant will be served. Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. The timeless story of Rome continues with a stroll through the Trastevere district of Rome, crossing Piazza in Piscinula and Via dell'Arco de' Tolomei.This area needs no introduction as it is famous for its restaurants, pubs and for the magic atmosphere. Your guide will highlight its Medieval origins and the richness of the art present everywhere. Then you will walk down Via della Lungaretta until reaching the Basilica of St. Maria in Trastevere, one of Romes medieval gems. You will go inside the church and admire its apse containing famous mosaics piece of arts. The tour continues to the Ponte Cestioto arrive shortly on theTiberina Island. The island, which is mainly occupied by the Fatebenefratelli Hospital from the 16th century, offers an amazing walk with its typical houses, courtyards and streets reminiscent of its medieval origins. And finally you will discover one of the ancient Ghetto's throughout Italy and Europe as you explore the characteristic area of the Jewish Ghetto. Get inside the monumental building of the Synagogue, which was built in 1904. Behind the building runs Via del Portico d'Ottavia and inside part of the monument lies the church of St. Angelo in Pescheria. The walking tour ends here, from where you can enjoy a relaxing walk in the district or stop at any of the restaurants or pizzerias for a typical Italian meal.
Inclusions for Small Group: Rome In A Day With Lunch
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup (if option selected)
- Skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Vatican Museum entrance
- Synagogue entrance
Exclusions for Small Group: Rome In A Day With Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sistine Chapel Raphael Rooms Private Tour
- Priority Line: St Peter's Mosaic School Walking Tour
- No Wait Access: St Peter's Basilica WiFi Audio Guide
- Skip-the-Line Private Tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Skip the Line: Papal Blessing, Vatican Museums, and St. Peter's Basilica Tour with Lunch
- Early access to Vatican Museums before Morning Opening