Travel on the mainland from Krabi to Bor Thor by shared minivan and enjoy the spectacular landscape with limestone cliffs and small villages along the way.
Bor Thor, one of the first settlements in Southern Thailand, is a small coastal village rich with archeological treasures, artifacts and cave paintings. Many are only accessible by kayak and your journey takes you paddling across a stunning collection of rivers, inlets and into the limestone caves.
After getting instructions by your guide, you will start paddling on the Marui River through many extraordinary caves and narrow river tunnels. Along the way admire the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites of Lod Cave. Then continue along a tunnel to Khao Wong lagoon, located in the middle of a mountain.
Take a break for lunch at a traditional Thai seafood restaurant by the river.
Afterwards, paddle over to Pee Hua Toh Cave to explore the ancient paintings and pictographs found inside. Then make your way through the cave's numerous grottos until you arrive at a viewpoint overlooking the mangrove forest and sprawling ocean.
In the late afternoon continue to Tha Pom also known as Khlong Song Nam meaning canal of two waters. A canal where seawater and freshwater come together at high tide and when mixed together, creates crystal clear water. Here you can take a swim in the pristine water and enjoy the natural surroundings.
Then it's time to make your way back to your hotel.
Note that although it is easier if all passengers on the kayak paddle, only one person actually needs to paddle, so children or less fit people can sit as passengers with an able adult and in this case no paddle guide will be required. Kayaks are available as 2 or 3 seaters.
- 08:00 - 08:45: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:45 - 09:15: Meet the crew at the pier in Bor Thor
- 09:15 - 09:30: Get paddling instructions from your guide
- 09:30 - 11:00: Kayak yourself into canals, sea caves & mangrove forest
- 11:00 - 11:45: Explore Tham Lod Tai, a secret passage through a rock tunnel
- 11:45 - 12:15: Head back to the pier
- 12:15 - 13:15: Enjoy lunch in Aree Seafood Restaurant
- 13:15 - 15:00: Continue kayaking to to Pee Hua Toh Cave & Lod Nua Cave
- 15:00 - 16:30: Visit the fresh water canal of Khlong Song Nam
- 16:30 - 17:00: Transfer back to the hotel